Chapter forty two.

Day 39...

Two more weeks have passed.

Two new weeks on my antidepressants.

Two new weeks that I've smiled more.

Two new weeks that I've grown so close to Austen.

Two new weeks that I've grown to love him.

With him knowing about my past and him understanding it all, it's made it so much easier. I feel like I can fully be myself and I don't feel like there's anything on me anymore. Even after years of therapy. He's what helped me feel better.

I never believed that people could do that, until him.

I brush through my hair and look at my reflection, it has brightened so much in this time.

It's November 15th. Austen's birthday.

I'm really excited about it, but also a little guilty, I didn't get him anything. Mainly because I found out it was his birthday yesterday! And that's only because Lydia sent me a message telling me I'd probably like to know.

But I'm sure he'll be okay with just my company today.

My uniform is already on so I slip my shoes on and grab my bag. I walk down to the kitchen and find my mom.

"Good morning." I say.

She turns towards me and gives me a small smile. "Morning."

We've been working on our relationship, and it's been going really good. I couldn't have imagined my life without her in it.

I walk over near her and she hands me a cup of coffee. "Thank you."

"I have to leave, but I hope you have a great day at school." She says.

I wish her a good day as she walks to the front door and I'm soon left alone in the kitchen. But I've never minded silence.

I finish my cup of coffee and walk to the front door, as soon as I open it Austen is standing behind it with his arm raised, ready to knock on the door.

I smile and throw my arms around his neck, causing his arms to go around my waist.

"Good morning." I say.

He smiles at me and sets me down. "Good morning to you. You're in a good mood," he says.

"I'm always in a good mood."

"Today more than usual."

I laugh at that, I think it's because of his birthday.

"It might be because... it's your birthday!" I say and he rolls his eyes slightly.

"Who told you?"

He's not mad, but I don't think he wanted me to know.

"Lydia told me, yesterday, which is why I didn't get you anything. But the least I can do is tell you and make it special." I say.