Prologue.

Hadley...

Three years ago.

I can't quite hear what they're saying, but I can hear them. I can't see anything, or move anything, I don't even know where I am. But what I do know, is that the horrible accident comes and goes in this dark abyss.

The awful sound of metal crushing, bones of everyone snapping. The blood... there was so much of it. And I've had to watch it almost on repeat for who knows how long.

I can still hear people talking, I want to tell them to shut up, say anything. But I can't.

I wonder if they know that I can hear them, that I want to open my mouth and shout at them. That I can hear them, and feel them. I want to touch them back so bad. But I can't.

After a few more minutes of the mumbling, I decide I'm tired of it. I start telling myself to open my eyes, to wake up and talk back to them, but it's near impossible.

I continue to try and try and try. Until I find it pointless, there's no point when it's going to get me nowhere.

Until the mumbling starts turning into functioning words.

"I don't know...she's going... comas can last a lifetime." I caught bits and pieces until the ending, I caught it all.

A coma?

How long have I been in a coma?

"It's been four months." A very familiar voice says, answering my question, but I can't pinpoint it exactly.

"I know, we're doing all we can. But she suffered very bad damage, and at a young age. It was a lot for her body to handle." The voice from earlier says.

"We know, thank you." A familiar deep voice says.

I'm having a hard time placing who they belong to, when it clicks. They are my parents. My parents are here with me, I knew they had been, but I guess I forgot for a moment.

I push to open my eyes even more, until light starts to come through. Not a lot, but it seems bright since I haven't seen any in four months.

When the light gets brighter, I can feel my eyes starting to sting, causing a very low groan to come from me, and a few gasp coming from the room. There must be more than my parents here.

I push my eyes open and squint, blinking rapidly to hope the brightness goes away. I can't really feel it but I think my head is starting to move from side to side slowly.

"Oh my... call the doctor! She's waking up, go!" My mom says, I can feel her hand on mine. "Please wake up, please." She whispers but I can hear it.

I want to talk to her, but I can't find my voice. I didn't think I would right away, but it would've been nice.

I open my eyes again and the brightness goes down drastically, and that's when I see my mom, with tear soaked cheeks. I turn my head further towards her and my neck start to ache, but I don't care.

"Oh! Baby, open your eyes, yeah that's it! Oh, I love you, I love you so much." She says, stroking my cheek with her hand.