•1 Kings 14:9•

Start from the beginning

      My eyes burn from lack of sleep. Every few minutes I would start to doze off in my office so I decided to get up and get coffee. The sun is already starting to go down. If feels like today went by fast but then again I never went to sleep. The crayons laying in the kitchen counter put a lump in my throat. If I had t been crying the entire night last night night I would be crying now.
    She has no idea anything is going on. I haven't spoken to her much since last night. I quickly told her goodnight  and went back to my office. With everything going on a few of the maids stayed to take care of Eve during the night. In a way I feel guilty, but what else am I supposed to do? Leaving this to the guys won't get me anyways if I don't know who I can trust.
    Grabbing the half empty bottle of scotch I remove the glass lid. The strong sent makes it tempting to just drink from the bottle. I know what drinking does to me, so no more than one to simply relax. With Enzo here I wouldn't get out even if I wanted to leave.
    "Sin," I hear Enzo say from the hall. I turn around to face him. Just like he he looks exhausted. There's a grey tent to skin and his eyes are red. The sockets under his eyes are dark and low. "We have to talk about Emmy."
    "What about her?" I ask, my anxiety rising from the millionth time today. If she's gone now I might as well fucking shoot myself.
    "She's too smart for her own good," he tells me. Thank god it's nothing serious. What he says isn't anything new. She's smart for her age and understands more than she should because of the things she's been raised around. The most normal thing about the poor girls life is that she plays with dolls and loves to color.
       "I had a feeling you didn't actually want to play with dolls..." I mumble, taking a drink out the glass. The glass is cold and thick, but still too thin not to break if it were to fall. I'm trying so hard not to get in my own head that I'm analyzing my whiskey glass. He shrugs, walking up to the island and leaning against it. "Eve and her don't even know or understand..."
    "Emmy knows something is wrong," he tells me. My eyes lift from the counter. "The only reason I wanted to play dolls was because she was on the verge of crying for ten minutes down here before you came out of your office. Davvy was her best friend before she was her Momma, she's feeling two losses. She just thinks she left."
    "She told you that?" He shakes his head.
    "She broke down half way through Barbie's tea date with Ken saying Davvy plays better. I could only get her to talk for so long. We all know how much she hates me, and she cried to me of all people."
    "Fuck," I say, blinking away my own tears. There's no way I'm shedding a tear in front of my second, he's dealt with enough crying for one day. "I'll deal with her in a little bit. I'm going to call in Jacob and Angel Ramirez, he's a  Rebeldes. They do things for me tonight; I can hardly keep my eyes open. Have Kole call in extra security and make sure every corner of the property is covered and the back and main gates are locked. No one gets in without my permission."
"Got it," he says, taking his phone out of his pocket.
"You're going home too. I'm sure Madeline doesn't want me keeping her fiancé for another night," I say, trying my best to crack a joke. Without Davvy I feel dull. That's the best way to describe this feeling; dull and hollow. All the night has been sucked out from me and I feel like someone has ripped my heart out with it.
••••••

I knock a few times before opening the door of Emmy's room. She sits up front. Laying her the covers. Her hair falls freely around her into a messy brown mess. She looks tired too even though she knows nothing about this. I can't imagine how it must feel to be in the dark, I was always kept in the loop even as a child. My dad thought it was best for me to know what was happening so I could be prepared.
"I thought I'd read a story to you to make up for the quick Goodnight last night," I tell her, pulling over her small wooden chair that goes to a pink desk. Reaching over, I grab the fist book I touch. "Rainbow Fish; one of my favorites." She lays down and pulls the covers closer up to her. Just as I open the book the door opens again. The head maid gives me a nervous smile, holding Eve in her arms.
She's protectively wrapped into a purple blanket with little butterflies all over it. Her eyes are already a bright grass green and her hair is dark like Davina's. I set the book in my arms and take her from her.
"Was she whining?" I ask. She nods, clasping her hands in front of her. I nod once to let her know she can leave no. When the door clicks shut I sit back down and place the book on my lap, placing Eve comfortably in my arms. It seems as I read that I'm more so reading to myself since Emmy looks far far away and Eve is knocked out. Still, I read to the end so it's not too obvious I want to talk about how she's feeling. She's a closed off child and it's my fault that I've made her that way.
  "I like when Davvy reads to me better," she says sadly, nuzzling the side of her fave into her baby pink pillow. Her eyes are glossy with tears before they slip. "Baby sleeping?" I look down at my arms to see Eve sleeping peacefully just as I thought. I smile at the way her lips move with each breath. "Is Momma going to come back?" And just like that my smile is gone.
Momma. She rarely referred to Davina as "mom" but we know that she sees her that way. I don't try stopping the tears. Noticing my tears, she gets up and wraps her small arms around me. I pull her onto my lap carefully without waking the baby and cry into her hair.
"It's okay," she tells me. Fuck, my six year old is comforting me. I take a deep breath and force a smile at her.
"She'll be back, I promise you. This isn't forever."
•••••
~Davina's POV~

Screw the pain I went through with my delivery, this has been the most painful, draining day of my life. I'm no longer tied up to the chair, just thrown in the corner of the empty bedroom curled into a ball cover my naked body as much as possible.
There are a few men in here looking at me with wide smiles. None of their clothes are on correctly, letting me know what's to come again and again. After today I don't think I'll ever be the safe down there or if I'll be able to walk; I tried and my legs gave out, that's how I got in this spot. I would say about eight men have came into "play" with me since Armando. He's been in here for it all, leaning against the wall with one leg crossed over the other, smoking the occasional cigarette.
"Just tell iswhat you know about Memosa and this is all over with. You look fucking stupid putting yourself through this for no reason," the guy who said his name is Kenneth says. A few times I've thought about telling them what I know which is very little. I only know the basics. The most I would be able to gush them is names which I refuse. Being a rat is as good as being a deadman. 
       "Even if I knew anything about the business, you would be better off killing me," I tell him. I know that's stupid, but I'm a stupid girl who knows not to rat. He grabs my jaw, looking me in the eyes. If this were a different situation I would think they were pretty but they bring me horror.
"Does he really have his dick that far up you? You would rather die than me some information and you can go," he says. My jaw clenches. A chill runs down my spine. My body is covered in cuts, bruises and blood. With the smallest movement of my finger I start feeling an ache.
"It's not that...I just don't know anything. He's not worth that much to me." Standing up straight he looks towards Armando for the next call. He takes the cigarette between two fingers and withdraws it from his mouth.
    "We have time for about three more but make it quick. I have a meeting with Vincent about a shipping deal to Miami."
    "Sure thing, Boss," he says, taking himself out of his boxers and gesturing to the two huge men beside me who had their shots thirty minutes ago. "Let's see if that mouth is better at sucking than it is at talking."

     AN: This chapter was a lot and there is only more to come. Too bad I Armando is a sick piece of shut because damn is he fine 🤤 I really hope you guys enjoyed!
     Question: What do you think will happen?

 Too bad I Armando is a sick piece of shut because damn is he fine 🤤 I really hope you guys enjoyed!      Question: What do you think will happen?