E.P 54 - Permanently embedded on their mind

BELATED MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR DEARS!

p.s. Not edited. Please excuse my spellings and grammars. Hope you'll like the short update dears. I'm really sorry. 

-

[KING LEETUEK POV]

My thoughts left to wonder as I continue to watch my princess sitting on our castle's porch. She didn't seem to be in deep thought and wasn't too aware of her surroundings so she didn't noticed that I was watching her for about an hour now. She had grown into a fine lady... He must've brought her up well...

I was happy that she finally found her way back to me--to our home after years of disappearing... I know I should be settled and at ease now that she's here but I can't seem to make my curiosity disappear from my system. I am still searching for answers regarding her whereabouts 17 years ago... All that has happen in her life for the past years and where her guardian, my queen's personal guard, is.

I wanted to find my daughter. I never stopped searching for her, even for a while. I was sending my best men to different planet just to try and find her. I never gave up and lose hope. I know for a fact that she is alive. I know that she was out there somewhere and I needed to find her and because that was what my late wife, our queen told me during her last breath. She did everything in her power just to save our daughter. She sacrificed herself for her safety and our princess' while I was out there, fighting my own battle. She fought for the two of them... I should be the one to do that. I should have been there to fight for the three of us. I never left so useless until that day.

If only I came sooner to their rescue, I could be able to prevent losing them... We wouldn't have to mourn for losing them.

I was in the middle of my journey towards the kingdom's border when the antiextians suddenly appeared out of nowhere and attacked us.  

I was in the middle of fighting when I suddenly felt something very painful in my chest.

"You're highness are you alright?!" Shindong, my right hand man asked as he shove away the man who is about to attack me. Good thing He was looking out for me.

I clutched my heart trying to ease the pain that came out of nowhere and tried to control my breathing. I was not hurt physically so it can only lead to one thing...

"The Queen and the princess! You're highness you have to go back." Key, one of my councilors said with his voice laced with worry.

I felt the color of my face drained. No. Not them. Please.

I teleported back to the castle and tried to search for them as fast as my body can. I can feel my queen's pain. I was feeling my queen's pain.

"No honey. Wait for me. I'll save you and our daughter. Hang in there" I said breathily trying to assure myself that everything is going to be okay and I will be able to save the two of them. 

I opened the door to our palace hall and saw the antiextians, how they hurt my wife who's already lying on the floor, blood was oozing out of her body. My vision blurred and I can only see red that time. I didn't know what I did but when I was back to my consciousness, I was already hugging my wife, crying as she was saying her last words.

"H-honey... the princess. She's a-alive." She while panting heavily. Blood came out of her chest and head. She coughed heavily as she tried to speak again.

The pain inside me doubled but I put it aside and held my wife near me. God, Please, Don't take her away from me yet.

"No... Hon, You're going to be fine, You'll be fine. Please. Please don't leave me." I begged as tears flowed freely out of my eyes. "I'm sorry if I wasn't able to protect you. I'm very sorry honey.This is all my fault. I'm sorry" I body started shaking uncontrollably.