Chapter 23: Jack's Year

Hello my little BINS~ I just wanted to say that I will be editing the chapters after I'm done with this book, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for 5k reads. I can't believe I made it this far, IMMA CRY <:'D

LOVE THE SONG!! AHHHH!

«»

Jack's POV:

(This is during the year Jack and (Y/n) were apart)

I kept my gaze up at the ceiling as I lay in my bed, doing absolutely nothing. It had been a week since (Y/n) left, the most boring days of my life. I might sound like a hopeless romantic but it was truly boring without her, she seemed to make life fun again. It was still snowing but it seemed to be lighting up a bit more, I trailed my gaze to my bedroom window which was covered by a certain. Taking a deep breath, I walk over to it and pull the curtains back so I could see. The sun was more dull then I remember, looking around the outside area, I see Sally outside with Jeff and Asu. Deciding to take a risk, even though I'm supposed to be resting, I head out of my room and downstairs to the front door. Leaving with only my T-shirt and Pj pants since (Y/n) took my sweatshirt- (Y/n)...

"JACK, come play with us!" I look up from my staring contest with my feet to see an over hyped Sally, I give a slight wave before walking over to her and the others. Jeff looks over to me before letting loose of his smile and letting his scared smile do the work, Asu looks over to me as well but doesn't react the same. Asu walks up to me with her blank masked face meeting mine, she surprises everyone by quickly wrapping her arms around me into a warm embrace. I flinch, she holds onto me tight. Jeff looks confused but holds a jealous face as well, not doing very good to hide it.

"Jack, thank you. You helped me and Jeff out, can I do anything to help?" I stiffen at her soft whisper voice, I've never heard her voice before, she sounds almost like a mouse. I thought about her request for a second, thinking of things that are possible for her to fix. Jeff gave me glares but I ignored him, soon an idea came into my mind.

"I have a request.." She let go of me and stood back so we faced each other, Sally held onto Jeff's hand before biting her fingernails on her other hand.

"Can you go check on (Y/n) for me? Just to see if she's ok? I can't go anywhere since my injuries."

"Oh.. course Jack, do you have that necklace that turns you human?" She whispered so low that I had to lean in to hear but I understood her, I nodded before motioning for her to follow. She walked back over to Jeff, they talked a little before she pinched his cheek and walked over to me giggling. It made me angry that they were together and not me and (Y/n) but I was happy for them still, we walked into the building and up into my room. I searched around for it before finding it in my drawer in my nightstand, I handed it to her after explaining everything to her. She nodded before heading out my door, her distant footsteps could be heard before the front door opens and closes. I sighed deeply before walking downstairs myself and sitting on the living room couch, I was too anxious and nervous. I was nervous something would happen and anxious for if she has a response for me, I sat down before crossing my arms and legs. I watched the window to the front door, waiting for Asu to return with news.

No One's POV:

Asu walks through the dark, slightly covered snowed, forest. It was about midnight and she'd probably get there by morning, that's what she thought anyway. Asu looked down at the necklace in her hand, nothing pained her then ever to see herself before she turned into what she is now. But Jack saved her and she had to repay him, this was her only chance.

"I'm coming with you."

Jeff's voice came suddenly out of nowhere, Asu jumped a little before turning around in her tracks to meet Jeff. She sighed deeply before nodding and lending out her hand to him, he smirked before taking her hand in his.

(Time-Skip to town)

They walked within the trees of the outskirts of town, looking for where the young woman could possibly be. Jack mentioned to Asu that she went to school at (High school) so it wouldn't be that hard, they snuck all the way there until finally spotting it. Asu told Jeff to wait for her, he denied this but instead said he'd hide in the shadows. She shrugged it off before patting his head, he growled but blushed lightly. Asu quickly put on the necklace, her body felt like it was burning.

She whimpered before grabbing Jeff's hand and squeezing it, they waited for the pain to stop. After a couple seconds, it had finally stopped. Asu was now wearing nice clothes with her hair shorter than normal and put up in a ponytail, she reached up to her mask and slid it off carefully. Jeff watched, curious as to what she looked like before. His eyes widen once seeing her soft green eyes, along with her now un-scarred face. She looked normal but Jeff thought she was the same as she always has been, she smiled before giving Jeff her mask.

"Don't get into trouble, I don't wanna have to save your butt."

Asu rolls her eyes before pushing Jeff aside so she can walk into the open, she covers her eyes quickly since the sun was too bright before walking to the front. (Y/n) didn't seem to be in sight at the moment, it was still early so Asu had time. Teens started to show up, some looking at Asu as she leaned against a wall while looking like she was going to kill someone. After a couple minutes of waiting, a (Y/h/c) haired girl was spotted walking from within the woods and into civilization. Asu's eyes widen before she pushes off the wall and heads over to the woman, (Y/n) wasn't paying much attention though. She seemed to be staring off into space, Asu snapped her out of her trance.

"(Y/n)."

(Y/n) flinched at the sound of her name, she looked up at the woman in front of her before looking back down again.

"Yes?"

"I came to see if your doing well.." (Y/n) couldn't hear very well but could make out some of it, she stepped closer to the woman.

"I'm sorry I can't hear you." Asu sighed before bringing her volume up a little.

"I came to check on you...Jack sent me." She whispered the last part before locking eyes with (Y/n). (Y/n)'s eyes widen before a smile spreads across her face, she pulls her bag open before shuffling some things around. She finally pulls out a piece of paper that looks a little crumbled up, she hands it over to Asu before smiling again.

"It's for Jack, I knew he'd want to know if I'm ok."

"Hmm.." Asu gives (Y/n) a small smile before shoving the letter into her jeans pocket, they both stand awkwardly before a voice interrupts them.

"Who the hell are you?"

___

Oh, ho, ho~