chapter 2: A Strange Encounter

(Edited April 14th)

«『¤』»

Your POV

I stayed tranquil, listening to what he had to say. I hardened my body and expressions with as much control as I had, my mouth began to dry in leaving me dried.

"(Y/N), I have noticed that bullying has been getting worse since you've started (your grade). I wanted to know if your parents had known about it?" He looked concerned but I didn't say anything to ease his worrying. My mother wasn't the most, how do I say this- Well, she isn't concerned about my wellbeing or rather not be concerned at all. He sighed in frustration, probably knowing I won't answer. After a minute or two of just awkward silence, he walked up to the door to his office. My eyes stayed on him as he did so, opening the door, he gestures his hand in a motion that meant I was free to go.

"Come back if there are any other problems with them, your free to leave early since it's Friday and your clothes-"

"Thank you, sir." I cut him off and dashed for the door, getting out of the place I call hell and heading to the road that separated the school from the woods. There was a pathway leading to my house, I usually go that way so I could get to my house faster.

☯☯☯

As I strolled in the woods, a sudden chill went down my spine. But, it wasn't a chill like when you're cold, it was more like a bad feeling. A kind of presence was felt from behind me, I turned around to see a figure walking towards me in the distance. I had to squint my eyes to make out the figure. It was a person, but who? was it someone I knew or just my imagination? Of course, it's not my imagination. This thing was walking right for me and getting closer by the minute if I didn't do something quickly.

I started to drive farther into the forest, still eyeing the figure and taking glances up ahead so I didn't trip. The gods must have hated me because when I took one last look at the figure, I tripped with my foot getting caught in a hole. My brain turned all my nerves to panic-mode at the thought of that person getting any closer, as soon as I was off the ground, I ran for it.

I could feel my knees shaking from running so much today, wheezes puffed out into the air and an almost clear cloud formed. The person began to chase, I could hear them getting closer and closer with increasing speed. I picked up the speed as well, soon, my house was in sight. A smile formed on my dried lips from the autumn wind.

"Get away from me!" My voice was dry and it hurt my throat from lack of moisture, I could barely speak without my lips cracking.

Chuckles arose from behind me, it was deep and ghostlike. But that's impossible, ghosts aren't real. I made it into my yard and opened the door, turning around to shut the door but only to see nothing behind me. This day couldn't get any worse, oh wait, yes it could. I shut the door and locked it, still looking out into the woods to see if it went back into them or if it was hiding. I walked a little farther inside, looking inside the kitchen then the living room. No sign of mom anywhere.

"Anyone home!?" I yelled at the 'assumed-to-be' empty house, I sighed. Mom must be working again, figures. My mind trailed off as I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom, it's (f/c) walls welcoming me. I perched at my desk and did my homework for Monday so I didn't have to do it later. My phone goes off suddenly, my eyes read over the big bold letters.

Mother. I didn't want to talk to her, not once ever but, I had no choice and read the text from her.

Text From Mom: I'm going out drinking with a friend, cleaning the house while I'm gone. Not going to be home until tomorrow night, have the house clean by then.