A Real Waifu

Ruby: I'm just glad you're OK.

Without thinking straight, Ruby leaned into (Y/N) and kissed him right on lips. (Y/N)'s eyes widen in shock at the sudden affection that he was given. (Y/N) crawled away instinctively. Ruby open her eyes and finally realised what she was doing.

Ruby: Oh my Oum, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking.

Ruby's face blushed, showing a pale shade of red, as she continued to ramble an apology.

(Y/N): Ruby.

Ruby couldn't hear (Y/N), she was talking too much.

(Y/N): Ruby!

Ruby stopped mid-sentence.

(Y/N): It's fine, it's OK.

Ruby: Really?

(Y/N) stood up from the ground his Identity Disc sent him onto. He held out his hand to Ruby.

(Y/N): Really.

Ruby grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, with a smile. (Y/N) pulled Ruby up off the concrete floor, once she stood up straight, (Y/N) quickly kissed her on the cheek. It was Ruby's turn to step back in a surprised manner.

(Y/N): The love goes both ways.

(Y/N) started to walk in a direction without a destination, but with a confident stride. Ruby was quick to get by his side.

Ruby: Wait, do you like me?

(Y/N): Yeah.

Stars began to form in Ruby's eyes as she processed (Y/N)'s answer to her personal question.

(Y/N): When I first saw you on the web show. I took an immediate liking to you.

Ruby listened to (Y/N)'s story with a careful ear.

(Y/N): You had a great personality, an amazing set of skills, good morals... and you looked cute.

Ruby blushed once again. (Y/N) rubbed the back of his head in a nervous manner.

(Y/N): And I felt like I could relate to you.

Ruby looked confused.

Ruby: What do you mean?

(Y/N): I found out about Summer, and what happened to her.

Ruby's face sadden slightly as the topic of her mother came up.

(Y/N): My Dad passed away when I was young, so I didn't have a parent that I could relate to more.

Ruby was quiet. (Y/N) tried to lighten the conversation up.

(Y/N): Do you want to know the reason as to why I came here?

Ruby: You said that you wanted to meet my team.

(Y/N): Close...

Ruby: What do you mean?

(Y/N) stopped walking and turned to face Ruby directly

(Y/N): I wanted to meet you, specifically you.

Ruby's eyes brightened up.

Ruby: Really?

(Y/N): Yeah, like I said, I felt like I could relate to you. I wanted to talk with you, and, I don't know, hang out with you. I thought I finally found someone that was relateable, yet completely different from everyone else I met before.

The two of them stared at each other, looking deep into the other's gaze.

Ruby: I can't believe the guy I like, is literally out of this world.