Chapter 15

Briggs: Alright, the cameras are now installed. You can watch right from your phone and here's the manual to customize your view.

Jesse takes the manual.

Jesse (to himself): Interesting. When I set the camera's sensitivity to high, an alarm will go off as soon as it senses something. I know which camera will need this.

Jesse moves one of the cameras to view exactly in front of his dad's office and switches sensitivity to high. That way when someone is right in front of the door the alarm will go off.

Jesse (to himself): If I know Roy well enough, he'll try opening that door.

At night:

Everyone's asleep, except for Roy. Jesse was right. Roy is going to try to open that room. He doesn't know Jesse changed the position and settings for that camera. Roy approaches the door and barely touches the handle, when the alarm goes off. Roy panics and leaves like he did nothing. Everyone is now awake. Briggs storms in the house to scan for danger. All is clear.

Al: What happened (yawning)?

Briggs: Someone activated the sensor of one of the cameras.

Helen: Looks like one camera had a different setting than the rest.

Sarah: Which one?

Briggs: Let's see. This one right here.

They all gather to watch the camera footage and find out what set off the alarm.

Jesse: Where's Roy? He can't be sleeping with all this noise.

Helen: He wasn't in his room when I checked.

They watch the footage and find out Roy triggered the alarm. Roy can hear everything they're saying and decides to go down.

Helen: Why were you trying to open that door? That's Marshall's office and nothing there concerns you.

Roy: I couldn't sleep and thought I should explore a bit since I'll be living here from now on. I had no idea that was Marshall's office (looks at Jesse).

Helen: It's my fault. I should've mentioned before that it's Marshall's office. No harm done. Let's go back to sleep.

Briggs leaves outside. Everyone goes back to their rooms, Jesse and Roy stay behind.

Jesse: This is my territory.

Roy stares Jesse down as Jesse leaves to his room. Roy leaves to his room.

Jesse's room:

Jesse is lying down in bed thinking about Roy.

Jesse: He knows the key is for that room. What does he want from there? Dad's papers? The company's papers? Or something else?

Next day:

Someone rings the bell. Helen opens the door. It's Mike & Joe, and two other men. Mike & Joe enter the house.

Joe: Where's Jesse?

Helen: In the kitchen.

Joe: We have something to tell him.

Helen: Jesse!

Jesse comes to the door.

Jesse: What's going on?

Joe: They caught them.

Jesse looks at the other men.

Joe: These are the agents on Elizabeth's case.