part 12: wars and being alive are incompatible.

Hitching my breath as his heart falls silent. Brushing his eyelids closed my hand trembles with grief for the dead blood children around me. The solemn tone fuels me for people i never got the chance to know. Rising to my feet my anger increases tenfold subconsciously i am glowing with red eyes and purple aura, "Who are the hounds and who are these humans?  I will kill them all." 

The crowd shares a look of knowing. I don't have to tell them what he told me for them to know. My grandmother surprisingly looks proud, "Ah, her powers are growing already! she read his soul before he left. oOoh look how powered up she is already! she's going to be a warrior queen like me."

 "None of you heard him?" Did he not connect with them also? 

they shook their heads to say no.

Xiaolian proceeded to explain before i explode from anger, "Well the hounds are moon children or werewolf. They are our only natural enemy. And the humans well, you already know how they treat people who are different from them. They only hate us more than the moon children since we feed off them. i mean, unroyal blood children feed off  them." She then proceeded to ask, "What did his soul say exactly to prompt these questions?"

 The blood children aren't invincible after all. Moonchildren? Our natural enemy who dare to even kill.  Like the movies with vampires and werewolves this rivalry. But it's different now, i'm here. i feel the loss of these lives like a flu. There will be a price to pay. First i must let the others know,"He said this was done by hounds and humans. I assume they've  teamed up." My jaw tightens as the use pf past tense for his lost soul.

THe inner leadership skills of Min-Ah spike becoming regal again she comes to my sidefacing the crowd. "Prepare for war, my children, there's a blood bath ahead."

A nod if shared with the leaders of the clans. Takeshi, Chen, and Biming all close their eyes. I Sense their pulse calling for their blood clans in the same manner i can. The blood children i feel in my chest responding immediately stopping whatever activity they were indulged in, to rush here. Some of them are racing across the country as we speak. Some are walking in the door right now. With the signal sent to all the clans but one,  it is my turn.

A deep inhale and i close my eyes. Reaching to my kin in the depth of soul in the atmosphere of mind. The hearts pumps of my clan flooding my ears, pulling on those hearts a tinge to make them feel an overwhelming urge. Pulling them to me as i whisper ghostly in their ears, "It is time" The relentless pumps of their hearts ring, "You are needed. Come home. Come to the castle." THis last part i say so urgently even my own ears hurt, "Come to me"

My eyes flutter back open to see every blood child in existence before me. They wiggle like worms in agony to the ground from my painful calls on their gentle ears. Their eyes are crying tears of blood, while they clutch their heads. Even Takeshi is in agony. Biming screeches through his own pain, "My queen, a bit of an over shot." My lips tug to a small smile, seems more powerful than i thought.  Somehow more and more blood children are stampeding to this landmark. Windows shatter as bodies fling through desperate to be near their caller. When the room could not hold any more, Xiaolian ordered them to the ball room.

Once all souls are in the ballroom, i am ushered away to prepare for a hablyu. on the way to a backroom the familiar blood spattered halls surround me. Blood children carefully life the fallen warriors bodies to dispose. The once white rags  are now soiled red. It seems like this isn't the first time so much blood has been cleaned from these walls. Xiaolin huffs to get back my attention, This back room is aligned with magnificent carefully crafted gowns. I can already teel which one i am to wear. 

A trailing princess cut ballgown with a bodice of beaded roses. Beads mimic lace and lace mimic bead. Layers of fabric to fall into a dream. All perfected with monochromatic shades of blood. Once this pince is secured to me, i know why this is the one i wear now. She must have wore it. Mi-Ran , my mother by blood, the women who came to me with her tree of life.