part 2: light left behind

Drifting back to consciousness is uncomfortable in itself. Even worse when it's due to the uneasiness of foreign eyes upon your soul for too long, leaving the faint touch on the skin. This feeling is unmistakable, someone was watching me. In the morning daze I jilt up scanning the room, it remains deadly still. I will never go back on my own instincts, i know something is wrong. Pushing up I rush out of my bed and out to the hall gunning for the alarm system. It is so cold, I could see my warm breath escaping from my lungs. 

Sliding my thumb over the screen opening the system, it evokes that there is nothing out of the ordinary. Each camera is simply empty footage, my heart almost leaps at the feeling of relief...almost... Sensing life behind myself my head turns fast enough to catch a glimpse of a figure and its heading straight to my room. In the span of a second my whole body showers itself in goosebumps, a contrast to the soft silky fabric of my nighttime attire. 

Acting purely on instinct my legs carry me to the kitchen as i bang my waist to the countertop, stretching for the biggest blade in the knife block. Tip-toeing down the hall to my chamber, turning the corner bracing myself for a fight. What I encounter is much worse. 

There she was.

Wearing the same dress from the woods and her long black hair draping along her back.

She was staring out my window with a sort of longing loneliness in her eyes. Not an expression meant for a beauty of her caliber.

Who is this women? Clenching my blade for safety against this apparition. Against my better judgement i speak, "Hello?" The sound of my voice has her whipping around. With the full view of her onset face i can see she is more stunning than i thought. She has beautiful facial features. Her skin was clear and pale. Her lips were pink and plump yet somehow small, just the right size.

Her black hair framed her face perfectly and her petite figure just added to her beauty. She was about my age if not older but her face didn't show a single blemish. The sorrow in her eyes was prominent but when she looked mw up and down a smile had seem to grow on her face. She cheered,  "I've finally found you. My darling."

Raising my weapon I warned, "who are you?"

She smiled even bigger then exclaimed, "I'm Kim Min-Ah, I've finally found you. My darling granddaughter."

I Almost burst out laughing. Is this a joke? At most this women is thirty how could she even be my mother let alone my grandma. My mother has never mentioned her either. Maybe she has a mental illness it might be best to  play along. I don't think I want to risk getting into a physical altercation. "Granddaughter?, as in my mother is your daughter?"

Min-Ah gazes at me with caring eyes and familiar eyes. Feeling like I've known those eyes my whole life. It's easy to see how a man could get lost in them. It Truly is a shame so much beauty comes with so much crazy. Wholeheartedly she answered, "Yes."

Wow it's scary how far delusional people will go. If shes willing to lie to my face she might be willing to murder me in my own home. it might best to lead her on, Maybe I can get her to leave.  Ok i will play this sick game, "My mother? Diana Monroe is your daughter?"

She grows that solemn look once more and replied, "No."

Weird she thinks she's my grandmother but doesn't know my mother. There no way for her to pretend to be my paternal grandmother, She really is just crazy. Taking a step back I question, "No?"

She clears her throat and speaks with a newfound confidence turning back on the charm. Her proud soft voice  says, "My daughter and your mother is Kim Mi-ran."

I Stifle a laugh, So apparently my mother is one of the most notorious tv show vampires' of all time? Ha! A character right up there with Dracula. Maybe this is the delusion in her head, if i mention the show maybe she will come out of looney land. "Wait, Like the tian diaries ?"