Chapter 8:Voltage

Začít od začátku

"Voilà."

"That's so weird. Your powers work so differently from one another, if I could just find what works for me." Jessie said defeated.

"Well figure it out fast man we got company.

Suddenly from down the corridor, they heard a truly terrifying sound. It was a laugh, cold, and close. Chills running down his spine Jessie turned to see a a flash a light followed by a boom.

An outline of a person was just barely visible in the split second the light flashed.

"Are you ready guys?" Jessie asked feeling his knees shake. He turned towards the others.

Travis was staring ahead, eyes vacant, no emotion on his features. He looked almost robotic full of purpose. Rose stopped short causing Travis to walk into her.

"I don't think I can do this guys." Rose said as he voice quivered. "I mean think about it we're just kids this could very well be a crazy person." Rose said as she started to breathe heavy. The flame in her hand wavered, almost going out.

"Maybe we just wait and see if help will come. Why are we even pretending we can do this, I can't even pass P.E! How am I supposed to fight someone who can make thunder!" Rose said as she took a step back.

"Rose plea-" Jessie started to say as another clap of thunder rang down the hall. He grabbed his ears and Rose screamed.

Jessie stared at her flame as it started to dim when suddenly it exploded in size, growing to around a cantaloupe. He raised his head to see Travis with his hand on her head.

"Don't worry Rose, I'll protect you." Travis said. "Lets go be superheros."

Wow that was super lame.

"O-okay." Rose stuttered blushing.

There is no way that cheesy ass line worked.

As Jessie stood slack jawed Travis carefully walked to the frame of the entrance and crouched down beside it. He gestured for Jessie to follow him. Jessie to turned to look at rose to see her with a bashful grin on her face.

Wow I guess it did work.

When he arrived, Travis peered inside.

"What do you see?" Jessie asked quietly.

"Nothing really, just normal science lab stuff. Tables, periodic tables, posters about friendship. Typical school shit. There's a ton of broken glass everywhere though." he said. Just then they heard a loud crack, it was followed by a loud flash.

"Get down!" Travis yelled.

A bolt of electricity came barreling out of the room and hit the wall adjacent to where the two boys sat crouched. It had missed Travis by an inch.

"Well look what the cat dragged in, a pair of handsome young men. Why don't you boys walk yourselves inside my classroom I promise I don't bite, too hard that is." A smooth voice said.

Knowing they were caught Jessie sighed and stood up only to have his arm caught by Travis.

"Are you an idiot! Don't just walk in!" Travis whispered quietly. Jesse waited, feeling his face flush.

"Aw boys don't be rude, you mustn't keep a woman waiting. After all what kind of gentlemen would leave such a defenseless girl like me all alone." The woman said with a giggle.

They waited longer.

"She already knows where we are why don't we just rush her?" Jessie whispered.

"A better question would be if she knows where we are why doesn't she just rush us?" Travis whispered as he peered one last time.