"Ouch, you're hurting me

He hit her again and growled
"Are we clear?!"

"Get away from her. Now."said an ice cold voice. They turned towards the young boy, who held a terrible look on his face and backed a step.

He walked to them but they only glanced at each other before snickering
"Oh is that your lover? How sweet!" The one holding her mocked. John faced him challenging him
"You wanna tell us what to do now? Is that it?!"

As a reply the boy threw a huge punch at him making him tumble to the ground and quickly back away holding his bleeding and probably broken nose.
The girl backed away as well. Olivia smirked and told the one holding her
"He's my brother, and he can kick your ass so easily you'll be sorry!" And she quickly kicked him in his special place, making him let her go. The trio stared at them as Liam put a protective arm around his sister, stating firmly
"Anyone touches my sister answers me."

They ran away and Liam turned to his sister "You okay?

"Yes. Thanks." She smiled at him before running outside to join her impatient friend.

***********

Fifteen years old Olivia stepped out of the school, and looked around for her brother. Her dear brother. Liam, who had always been there for her.
She saw him talking to Marine. A young girl whom he had been dating for a while now. They seemed to be arguing. Then Marine shouted something at him and stomped away, furious, to a blond guy who drove her away on his motorbike. Liam kept his fists clenched and walked towards the road. Olivia jogged to him.

"Hey Liam wait! Liam!" They never went home by themselves, always together, so she tried to run to him to get to his level. He turned to her as he crossed the street "Come one Liv! We'll be late and y-

"LIAM WATCH OUT!!!"she yelled as a car tried desperately to break and avoid the boy on the road but the collision was inevitable.

Olivia opened her eyes she had shut in terror. All blood drained from her face and her legs seemed to be unable to support her for a second. Like a sleepwalker she walked to the car which had turned around in an attempt to break. And behind it, lay the unconscious form of her brother.
"No, no, no, no,!!"she whispered, squatting before him. "Liam! SOMEONE HELP ME!! PLEASE! I NEED HELP!!!"she yelled, trying to fight back the tears.

She kept her brother's hand all along, even when the firemen arrived, and the ambulances with the nurses carrying a stretchers. She gave all the information they needed, her eyes fixed on her brother, lost. When they began moving him she followed, glancing around her every second, like a lost child looking for anything to hold on. She climbed into the ambulance and they drove to the hospital.

Four days. He hadn't woken up. But at least he was alive. He had broken ribs, a broken leg, some complications she hadn't quite understood, simply clinging to him, and begging him at all time to stay with her. She had not left his bedside, not eaten not drink, nothing. Her parents had tried to get her to have a rest, and a shower, but she wouldn't hear it.

Only on the fifth day he woke up, and that's when they thought she would finally burst out everything she had on her heart, her anger, pain, anxiousness and stress of all these days, she didn't. She simply greeted him, and took care of him like a mother, being extra gentle in all her movements and words.