He was so tired of having to deal with his power-hungry Father, it weakened him. He was so tired of being constantly compared, of Sakura being compared without her knowing. So he merely closed his eyes, blocking out the sight of what he considered to be a monster with a body of a human. 

S.H

"Am I late?" Sakura asked Konan as she hastily grabbed the bridesmaid's bouquet of white roses.

She shrugged, "No, you're actually early. It's just that the rest of us were even earlier, though. I think Mr. Uchiha's arrival is sending everyone a little jittery."

"Yeah," Sakura agreed. "I don't see why we couldn't practice with just Mikoto, Itachi and Izumi like all the other rehearsals."

It wasn't just Fugaku's presence making Sakura a little nervous. It was Sasuke making her a lot nervous.

"I guess they want it to be like the actual wedding," Shizune piped up from next to her. "And Sasuke hasn't been in any of the rehearsals, which is kind of bad, considering he's the groom's brother."

Sakura considered this, "I suppose so."

A loud clap echoed throughout the room and Obito, who had been asked to help out as well as be a groomsmen, said loudly, "Everyone, your attention please!"

Everyone's heads turned to the husband of Rin Nohara. Obito cleared his throat, "Uncle Fugaku will be arriving in five minutes, so all of you need to be in your correct place, holding anything you need. And please keep the noise level to a minimum. If Uncle finds all of you less than perfect, I can guarantee that you will be in big trouble. I know first-hand." He chuckled nervously. "So let's go!"

Sakura, along with the rest of the bridesmaids and Izumi's father, made sure they had everything before heading to their appropriate spot, at the foyer outside the church. The five lined into a single file like they had practiced, Shinko at the front and Sakura at the back.

They all stood in absolute silence, abiding Obito's instructions. Sakura smoothed out her beige skirt, making sure that there were absolutely no wrinkles there. She took a look at her outfit, feeling her nerves rocket up.

She was wearing a white, tie-front blouse tucked into the skirt with puffed out sleeves that reached her elbows. On her feet were black boots that added to her height, complimenting the black ribbon snaked around her low ponytail. She wore minimal make-up and had barely any jewelry on.

Today, Ino had dressed her up differently because even the blonde knew how quickly people from posh families could judge. Besides, Sakura didn't want attention or to think that she was dressing up for Sasuke. So she stuck with bland colours and minimalist designs. You look fine, you'll be just fine, Sakura recited to herself.

If she did everything according to plan, Fugaku would probably just give her a glance and that's it. Sasuke wouldn't do anything to humiliate her or start up an argument with her, that would cause his beloved brother too much trouble.

Everything would be fine, she kept telling herself. Yet the bundle of nerves in her stomach seemed to persist for some unknown reason. She didn't want to be nervous, but her brain didn't listen to her.

In an attempt to distract herself, Sakura peeked out from behind the four heads of the bridesmaids and into the small crack that showed the inner church. The dark oak of the walls matched the pews lined up in rows. They lead up to the main stage with a white clothed altar, where the walls curved in.

On the walls were tales of stories, framed in a few shapes and colours of stained glass. Intricate details of crosses and other patterns adorned the walls. On the right hand side of the altar stood the groomsmen, Shisui closest to the altar.