"Mackenzie!"

"Tumigil ka nga, De Leon!" Tristan pulled me up without any caution. He didn't care if I get hurt or not. Of course, he doesn't. "Hoy." Butler slaps my face softly like he was waking me up. "Open your left eye, Montefalco." Isn't it obvious that I can't? I can't even speak a single word without hurting. "Make that intern shut her mouth. She's worried you're dead. Dali na."

"Justine, how can I fucking calm down?!"

"Count and breathe, De Leon! You know the drill!"

"No!"

"21986, naririnig mo ba ako, hah?" Butler pushed me on the door. I caught a glance at the book. It fell from the bed. "Sabi ko, patahimikin mo siya, eh. Hindi ka na nga makalakad ng maayos, Montefalco. Saan ka pa pupunta?" I wanted to pick up the book, but Butler showed me a knife. "Paalisin mo na sila. I need to plan how to get you on the clinic without anyone noticing." I nodded. I've never felt so helpless in here, until now. "Talk."

"Mackenzie!"

"De Leon, para kang tanga!"

"Teegan, buhatin mo na nga 'yan!"

"Reese, tama na kasi."

"Sabay-sabay kayong nagsasalita, lalo akong nababaliw. Mackenzie!"

🎶 dhruv, double take

"Y-yes, baby," Maybe I shouldn't call her that. Butler might notice it. "...intern De Leon." Everyone was silent. All I can hear is the sound of her crying. The noise became louder. Reese was at the other side of the door. I saw her hand go into the small opening. "I'm okay." I wanted to touch her hand, but Butler's here. "I'm okay, Reese. You can leave now."

"Mackenzie! What happened to you?!"

"Nothing. I'm okay. I overslept, that's all." I know Reese wouldn't buy that. Si Tristan, umupo na lang sa gilid, nag-iisip. "Are we good now?"

"Are you sure, Ken-Ken? I brought you the sandwich that Teegan made, but I hope you don't mind Justine got the special one 'cause she loves her." I heard Teegan mumbling in the background. Jamie was chuckling. I wonder what Justine has to say about the fact that Reese just revealed the Polynesian's secret. "Is that okay? Are you okay? JO Butler, is she okay?"

"Oo nga daw, De Leon!"

"Oh, really? Wow, that's great." Butler pushed me against the cold, metal sheet that they used for a door. He pressed the nightstick on my back, motioning for me to continue convincing the person on the other side that I'm fine. "I appreciate this a lot, Reese. Thank you."

"Cheese, say you're welcome."

"O, ngayon, 'di ka naman makasagot?"

"Sagot ka na, Reese."

"Um, you're welcome, Ken-Ken?" Natawa na lang ako. Aray, ang sakit. "Bakit hindi ka sumasagot kanina? And Jamie made you soup. It's there on the tray. Jamie is a good cook, Ken-Ken. You should eat that. And don't worry, the sandwich is edible. Teegan makes good food, too." Reese is so fucking adorable, I forgot about the pain for a moment. "Justine, though, does not know how to cook. She burns every-fucking-thing."

"Maybe it's not that bad."

"Oh, it is. Can't even cook Spam without turning it pitch-fucking-black." I just love the way she can be cute and badass at the same time. Is it too weird for me to like the sound of her cussing? I love everything about the girl. "Ken-Ken, ang dami nang na-come up ng utak kong mga scenarios, kung bakit 'di ka sumasagot, natakot ako. Are you mad at me?"

"I..." I tilted my head, seeing Butler's face. He was dead serious. "I, uh..."

"If you tell her what happened, I will make sure Reese doesn't graduate. She needs the internship here, Montefalco," He warned and it scared me. "You better be a good liar. Or else..."

"'Wag mong sasaktan si De Leon."

"Kaya sumagot ka ng maayos, Montefalco. 'Wag mo 'kong binabalaan."

"Kinuha niyo pa talaga si Howl para 'di ako nito madepensahan kagabi." I hope my baby is okay. Baka dineprive na nila ng pagkain or what. "'Pag may galos yung aso ko, lagot sa'kin yang sina Mallory."

I scoffed, still doubting. "I overslept, I'm sorry." I don't wanna risk Reese's future. It was the one thing that made me continue lying. "I could never be mad at you. Kaya sige na, ayos lang ako. Balik na kayo sa mga duty niyo."

"JO Butler, I want to see her."

"This kid is fucking annoying," I heard Butler whisper. "She said she's fine, De Leon!" Butler made his way to my bed, grabbing my bloodstained shirt. "Wipe your hands and show it to her."

"Yung kanan na lang. Pinaso ako ng mga tanga mong alipores, eh."

"Ang tatanga talaga, mga bwiset." He carefully examined my arms and hands after I cleaned them up. "Do it. Wipe your hand and show it to her."

"Ken-Ken?"

"Yes, baby. I'm here." I sighed deeply, nodding. "Here, take my-" I was shocked at how quickly she grabbed onto my hand. "Oh." She entwined her fingers and the sobbing became louder. "Okay ka na ba?"

"Yeah, maybe I am."

I can't hold back the tears because of the gesture she showed everyone. Reese does not seem to care about anyone right now, even Butler. "See? I'm okay. I was sent here, De Leon, and as punishment, I shouldn't see any other people aside from the officers. Now, go."

"End the drama, Montefalco."

"Sandali lang naman," Hindi na ako nakatiis at nagsuplada na when I could barely stand. Thanks to my adrenaline. "Pinabugbog mo na nga ako, kaya siguro naman, ibabalato mo na sa akin 'to?"

"Tapusin na ang palabas. Madami pa akong gagawin."

"I'm trying, Butler, but she won't let go of my hand," I reasoned out. "Cut her some slack. She thinks I'm hurt, okay? She feels guilty. Hindi mo ba naiintindihan 'yon?" I felt her grip getting tighter. "You should go now. I'll be fine. Salamat ulit sa sandwich. I'll see you tomorrow."

"No, you won't. I'm forbidding that stupid intern to get this post," What Butler said, broke my heart. I guess I won't be able to hear the sound of an angel while I'm here. "I'll bury her with paperwork. She's the team leader after all."

"Reese..."

"Oh, okay." Without any visual, I can clearly see how sad she is. "I'll come back tomorrow to check on you, 'kay?" The intern sniffs, before pulling her hand away. I retreated mine, staring at it. I could still feel her hand in mine. "Bye, Mackenzie. Tomorrow, I'll be back. I'll make the sandwich this time, and we'll call it McWich."

"I... I'd love that, baby girl."

"Cheeseball, let's go." Somebody knocked on the door. "Uh, sir, I'll take De Leon with me on my post. We'll be guarding the gates today. Duty swapping daw ho sabi ni JO Dominguez."

"Proceed, Centeno."

Now that everyone's gone, I let my body drop to the floor. I crawled to my bed, picking up the book before stuffing it under the pillow. I put my shirt on. Butler was looking at me, the way she looked at Reese the night I was sent here. "What now, Butler?" He was looking at my bumpers and it scared me. "Hey, asshole! My eyes are up here if you haven't noticed."

"Ayusin mo nga ang sagot mo, Montefalco."

"Eh, tarantado ka, eh."

He walked slowly, staring at me. "I didn't know you were beautiful, Montefalco, until now." The six-foot man stood in front of me, toying with my hair. "I may be the one who'll be back for you, not intern De Leon." I swallowed a lump in my throat. It was the first time I was alone with him in a room.

"You're supposed to be one of the good guys, Butler."

"In the eyes of the people, I am." He tilted his head and grinned before saying, "You? A drug addict? Not so much."

"Fuck you."

Sinampal ako nito kaya na naman ako tumilapon sa gilid. "Right now, I need to get you fixed." I saw him grinning while closing the door. "Take some rest, Mackenzie. Somebody will come and get you later. We'll take you to the nearest hospital." He groaned with frustration. "I just hope De Leon won't see you. If she throws another tantrum, she'll surely get suspended. I'll make sure of that."