Are Those Nudes?

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

R e e s e

"De Leon?" Jordin snapped her fingers in front of my face, making me blink. I was still staring at the damn phone, though. "And she's back." Images of me and Mackenzie, doing God knows what, cascaded on my lustful brain. Like sparks fly, my face reddened at the thought. "Uy!"

"Sorry, I was just-"

"Did some girl send you nudes? 'Cause you surely look like you want to devour someone, with all those shallow breathing and lip-biting." Giving her the once-over, I shifted my eyes back to the phone's screen. "Give me that. Patingin ako."

"No!" I didn't know I was hugging the phone like a kid embracing her teddy bear, holding on for dear life, until Jordin giggled. "I mean, this is private."

"Not even a peek?"

"Nooo!"

"Okay, okay. Sorry na." The firefighter had gone back to the bed, waiting for me. "But that would be for later. I didn't drive all the way down here for a quickie. A damn good one, but it's not enough." The off-duty lady officer, tapped the bed slowly, motioning for me to come closer. "I want more, Reese. Besides, I don't think you're-"

"I think I'm good, thank you."

"Oh, my God, Reese." My eyebrows furrowed, studying her gestures. I don't like it when someone reacts like that. Feeling ko, may nagawa akong malaking kasalanan. I feel like I did something wrong, especially when they laugh loudly like what Jordin's doing now. My insecurities are annoying and scary.

"What?"

"Did you just come because of whatever it is that's on your phone?" I rolled my eyes tediously at her. "Did you?" Okay, so, how can I deny this shit?

"Stop. It's making me feel uncomfortable."

"Christ, this made my day."

"Shut up!"

"Girl, you can't even deny it." Breathe, Robin. Remember the pattern. Do it slowly. "Aww, you're so adorable," says Jordin, after hearing me hum a song quietly. We always sing or hum when we're frustrated, Robin. What's that new song again? Ah, Post Malone's Circles.

"Tama na sabi, eh. Ang kulit."

"Sige, sige. I'm sorry, baby." A familiar tone from my phone calls out to my attention. It's Mackenzie, still. Ano na naman?! Ugh.

From C/CPL Rivera:
I don't wanna smell another girl on your skin, De Leon. You better take a damn good bath. Maligo ka muna bago umuwi.

You're a genius, Ken-Ken. A warm bath makes me calm. Yes, I'll do that. "What's with the rush, Reese? You're bailing on me? I haven't got enough of you just yet, missy."

From C/CPL Rivera:
You better be prepping to leave that girl now.

Dear Lord, she's so bossy! But anyway, "I have to go," I told Jordin, making her upset and yeah, curious. "I'm sorry. I just have to. Don't ask questions. But first, I need to-"

"Shower? Again?" Jordin sniffed her shirt before putting it back on. "Do I smell bad? Hindi naman ah." I laughed at the way she kept on smelling herself. "Is this why you're leaving me? Tara, ligo tayo. Conserve tayo ng water."

"No, silly." I gave her a kiss on the cheek when she sat next to the tub. "You're okay. It's just that, I don't want Teegan and Justine to know that we had sex."

"Renesmee Robin, your friends know that we're fucking," Annoyed, Jordin says to me, handing me the shampoo. "Let me. You can't even open it. What is up with you? You're shaking." I heard a familiar tone on my phone; someone has sent me a text. "Do you want me to read it for you?"