Throw A Fit

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

K e n

"Keep it down, intern! I'm warning you!"

"De Leon, please!"

"Calm down, Cheese, please. Please!"

"Reese, she'll be okay."

I was awakened because of the loud noise coming from the outside, arguing about something na kasali si Reese. I have no idea what happened, but I hope she's okay. Makabangon na nga at nang malaman ko. Ay, teka lang. Masakit. Sa sobrang daming masakit, hindi ko na alam ang uunahin ko.

"Patigilin niyo ngang tatlo yang si De Leon!"

"De Leon, tama na nga kasi!"

"Renesmee Robin, chill the fuck down!"

"Reese, I prayed for her safety last night. I'm sure she's okay. Believe me."

My head was throbbing. I wasn't able to open my left eye due to the physical pain Mallory and her gang inflicted on me. Dry, red goo was splattered on the floor. I saw traces of handprints with blood on the wall. There was blood everywhere. Mallory and Kim came back for me a little later that night. It only stopped when Eve convinced them to end the fiasco.

"But what about Mackenzie?! Am I the only one who's worried about her?!" Her voice cracked, it broke my heart. Oh, Reese. I've never heard my baby girl so angry and scared at the same time. "If she dies, it's on me. It's my fault she's in there!" A familiar banging on the steel door filled the small room I'm in. "Mackenzie, are you fucking okay?! Answer me!"

Now that you're here, yes I am.

"So, that's what you're fuzzing about, intern? She's not dead, I'm sure of that." De Leon is smart enough to know that I'm not okay, despite what Butler said to her. Matalino kaya yung baby ko. "Now, step away. I'm gonna go inside and wake her up."

Wake me up? I doubt it.

"And how did you know she's just asleep? I was practically yelling at her. Sa sobrang lakas no'n, kahit puyat na puyat, magigising." Reese was crying. I turned to my side. A muffled thud was produced, when I fell on the floor. "Mackenzie!"

"Yes, baby? I'm here, Reese. I'm here," I whispered, barely breathing. Fuck, everything hurts. "Reese, I'm here." I don't think anyone heard that. I had trouble speaking because of the pain in my stomach. Every part of my limb hurts. Those scumbags will pay for this. One way or another. Sisiguraduhin ko 'yon.

"Everyone, step out! I'll open the door!"

"Then, open it!"

"Stop yelling at me, intern, or I'll send you home!"

"Ken-" Somebody cuts Reese off. I can hear her mumbling, though, she's gagged. I can also imagine her breaking free from whoever it is that's holding her. "Teegan, let me go!"

I was lying on the floor when the door slid to the right. Butler quickly steps in. I'm not sure, but I think that's Jamie who saw me. She must've because of the worried look drawn to her face. The door was locked from the inside now.

"Jamie, she's fine, right? Tell me, she's fucking fine!"

"Um, I don't... ah, yes, De Leon. Ken's okay."

"Nakita mo ba siya pagbukas ng pinto, Jamie?"

"Ano, ah, hindi, eh."

I bet nagulat din si Tristan nang makita akong nakadapa at pinipilit tumayo. "Get up, Montefalco." I struggled to do his bidding. "What the hell?" He examines my face, disappointed. "Those idiots. I told them not to-"