Yellow

CHAPTER TEN

R e e s e

"Sorry, boys. Looks like she already has a Valentine." Dismayed, the inmates who are allowed to give flowers to the people on this day, walked out, mumbling. The detention prisoners have the freedom to express their appreciation every 14th of February. "Thank you, people," Teegan says softly. I nodded, giving them a smile. I don't wanna be rude. "Oh, wow. A happy flower."

"I believe the wife gave you that." I took the flower from my ear, inhaling its natural scent with my eyes closed. "At least someone got somebody a flower to make them blush." That tone, though. Is she trying to mock Teegan? Ganun yung datingan, eh. O, sadyang madami lang akong understanding sa mga simpleng bagay?

"Oo nga-"

"Mind you, she's locked up in there and she still managed to give you that, Reese. Swerte mo." Centeno raised an eyebrow. Something is going on with these two. The look on Rivera's face while talking tells me something. "Just a few more months in here, and only a month para mag-review, then we'll be out of each other's hair."

"Like I would let that happen. We'll always be in each other's life. All three of us. Hindi niyo naman ako iiwan, 'di ba?" Getting the point, I took my phone out. I composed a text, and sending it to Teegan. Centeno walked away, heading to the left wing. It's lunchtime again. "Juju, wait!" I jogged, able to catch up with her. Teegan was left with Jamie, confused. "Kayo pa ba nung jowa mo?"

"Well, yeah."

"You sound really sad, Juju."

"Me? Sad? I'm just hungry, Reese."

"Oh, okay."

To C/SGT Centeno:
There are roses on the field. Justine loves them. Better step up your game, loser.

C/SGT Centeno replied:
The hell are you talking about, Mrs. Montefalco?

You replied to C/SGT Centeno:
And now I'm the liar?

C/SGT Centeno replied:
Bruh, she has a boyfriend.

You replied to C/SGT Centeno:
Oh, my God. So, you do like Juju?!

C/SGT Centeno replied:
You're super-hot and I love you, but yeah, she has my heart. Been hiding it for a long time now.

You replied to C/SGT Centeno:
Why didn't you tell me?

C/SGT Centeno replied:
I'm okay with those low-key dates whenever we bring you to your doctor. Ayoko nang dagdagan pa ang mga iniisip mo, 'no?

You replied to C/SGT Centeno:
Oh, yeah. Okay. Yes.

C/SGT Centeno replied:
Maybe after graduation, I'll make a move. Let's just hope it's not too late. Wala naman yata kasi akong pag-asa.

You replied to C/SGT Centeno:
Bakla, pakiramdam ko naman, type ka rin niya.

C/SGT Centeno replied:
Do you really think that? Masakit ang mapaasa!

You replied to C/SGT Centeno:
It's just too bad, she's in a relationship. But on the bright side, she always chooses you over the guy. Monthsary nga nila, ikaw pa din ang inuna niya.

C/SGT Centeno replied:
Was that supposed to make me feel better? Hah?

You replied to C/SGT Centeno:
Well, yeah. At least you're free to hang out with her whenever you want. Nakaka-inggit, puta. 'Yun bang pwede mo siyang hawakan o kaya sutilin anytime.