From Skin to Uniform

CHAPTER TWO

R e e s e

I'm awake. Thanks to my body clock, the nightmare I had, vanished. Forgetting what was it about, I didn't bother to remember. "Teegan, I'm gonna go shower now. You better be up once I'm done." She answered me back with a grunt. "You, lazy brat." Another grunt was heard, louder this time. "Malatuba."

When I got back, Teegan was still lost in dreamland. I hate to do it, but I just have to grab the nearest pillow in sight, whipping her butt. Target locked. Sapul! "De Leon!"

"We don't wanna be late, Teegan. Need to build up that good impression on our team." I pulled the iron, laying my uniform flatly on the ironing board. "Get your ass up from the bed. I mean it." I picked her phone up, sighing. I wonder how many times she pressed the device on snooze mode. "Don't wait for me to press this hot thingy on your back, Centeno." You didn't mean that, Robin. Focus on the happy thoughts. Don't overreact. You're not going to be late.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Teegan yawned loudly, adjusting herself. She sat up, looking at her uniform next to mine. "Would you?" I've been ironing her damn uniform for almost four years now. I already know the drill. "Salamat. Love you, best frie-"

"Save it." I motioned for her to leave the room and she did. "Hit the showers or I'll hit you with my hand."

"Ooh. Good morning to you, too!"

Both uniforms are now neat. I had my underwear on when I came in. I was busy drying my hair when I felt the cold wind, stroking my skin. Rain will surely come today. When I turned my back, I noticed that the window was open. I must've forgotten to close it. The dusty, old fan broke last night. Ugh, talking 'bout bad timing.

From C/CPL Rivera:
Hey, you up? I'm having coffee.

You replied to C/CPL Rivera:
Be there soon. Save me some.

C/CPL Rivera replied:
Sure. Iced, yeah?

You replied to C/CPL Rivera:
🥶☕

I bent forward to blot dry my hair. I took the lotion from my duffel bag and sat it on the chair by the window. The smell of cocoa butter and shea is inviting. Kabanguhan galore.

You replied to C/CPL Rivera:
We'll be down soon.

C/CPL Rivera replied:
The boys are already here. You two better hurry up.

After putting on my bra, I grabbed the white-colored, round neck shirt, pulling the inner hem downwards. I stood by the window when I pulled up my black, slim-fit work pants. I removed the towel from my hair, tossing it aside. I picked up my knee socks, rubbing my eyes, before pulling them up. After tying the shoelaces on my combat shoe, I fixed my hair into a ponytail, admiring how perfect I made it on my phone's front cam. I tucked my white shirt, along with my black and green, type A uniform, sealing it with my garrison belt. Now I'm all set. I just need to wait for Teegan.

I was clipping my ID holder onto my upper garment when I saw two onyx brown orbs, focused on me. "Shit."

🎶 MOTHERMARY, Catch Fire (Johnny Jewel Remix)