Eargasmic

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

K e n

I was up early. Too bad, I just can't get out of my cell, to take a glimpse of that beautiful human being, whenever I want. I have to wait, or at least, be grateful for whatever chance that I might have, to get closer to her, or to be able to talk to her. Touch her. Though, I'd settle for that than having nothing at all. This is the closest I've got to heaven, despite the reality, that I'm actually stuck in one of hell's dormitories.

"Ugh, am I melting already? It's so hot!" shouts Teegan, irritably. Sometimes, I think these girls forget where they are; nagsisigawan na parang nasa dorm nila. Take Reese for example on their first day, but I'm glad that happened. My eyes are blessed, sweet Jesus. "De Leon, open the goddamn window!"

Ah, the window. I used to hate that damn thing, for always seeing people sleeping cozily in there, while I'm stuck here, hating myself. I even saw three previous interns doing such a thing in an ungodly hour. Hmm, the girls doing an experiment. But now, it's the sight that I always want to see because she's there. Nando'n si Reese.

"Keep it down, asshole. Or you'll be watching our best friend run another mile for your recklessness," Justine fires back. "Ignore her, De Leon. Matulog ka lang dyan."

"Reese, gising na."

I heard them singing Alicia Keys and Beyoncé songs last night and I can tell that they slept a little late. Her deep, eargasmic, husky voice was perfect. That girl sure does know how to sing. Beautiful, intelligent, and talented. I won't blame anyone that will envy her. However, I used to hear her shot back at intern Centeno whenever the other complained about anything. Today, my auditory senses have not been blessed with her vocals yet. "Go back to dreamland where you are free to fuck Mackenzie. Don't mind this baby."

"Geez, Juju. I've never been so hurt in my life. Grabe siya." I can clearly imagine how Teegan dramatically said that to her friend slash crush. Comical and sarcastic, that's what it is. "Reese, can you please make an argument, the way you defended me during trial on our Court Testimony subject? Rivera's being mean! Ipagtanggol mo'ko!"

"Like she would. Mas kampi 'yan sa'kin, Teegan."

"How'd you know?" I saw the tall girl stand up, shaking their bed. "And can you please mimic that jazz hands again? It was really cute and all that. You can actually make a good lawyer. God, that would be nice. I can get away with anything!"

"Centeno, shut up. The best days are those days when you don't need to set an alarm for waking up early. Can you please let me sleep? Please!" Justine tells the Polynesian woman, rubbing her forehead. Teegan being Teegan, she continued to annoy Juju. Ibang klase talaga maglambing ang magkakaibigang 'to. "I'm tryna sleep here!"

"But I'm bored..."

A combat shoe landed on the floor after hitting the tallest among the three sa may braso. "You can't imagine the next thing I'm gonna be throwing at you, Teegan. Back to your damn bed."

"Reese, if this girl throws another shit, I'll kiss her!" Okay, now the awkward silence begins. "Shit, um, so, should I annoy you more or..." And I thought miss Rivera's gonna kiss intern Centeno, but no. Dinaanan lang siya nito at nagsimulang tapikin si Reese.

"Kapag pumayag 'to, then, so be it."

"Renesmee Robin!" I didn't take the pretty intern for a heavy sleeper. The two are practically shouting next to her. "Wake up, Cheese. Wake up!" Disappointed, Justine's offer must be out on the table. She went back to her bed, tucking herself in. "Oh, shit. We may have a problem."