⁵Pineapple And Lemonade

Chapter Five : Pineapple and Lemonade

Taehyung's POV

*F L A S H B A C K*

"Do you know about werewolves?"

We're hanging out in the mountain -filled with giant trees - at the back of the town because Jungkook somehow managed to convince me that he'd answers of my queries.

I didn't believe him though. But still I decided to come with him as a tiny part of my brain was bugging me to go.

"Yes...I m-mean, yes? What was the question again?" I sputtered.

Shit. I was so close to expose my damn identity.

Jungkook sighed, "Do you hate werewolves?" He didn't repeat his question rather he asked another one.

"Haha, funny. Why would I hate them? It's not like they exist. It's all about movies and stories," I replied innocently.

Wow, never knew I was a good actor.

He was leaning against the trunk of a tree and I was just standing 5 feets away from him.

He sighed for the tenth time that day and muttered, "Look, not to sound creepy or anything. But I know you aren't human."

His voice was surprisingly calm.

Shiver ran down my spine. So I was right ㅡ he's a mind reader. But why's he asking me about werewolves?

I choked out, "How d--"

"I ain't human either," he replied blankly.

Is he demon? Nah, he would ask about demons then, right? Wait, he is a werewolf!?? Why it took me so long to connect puzzle pieces together? I hate my sluggish brain cells.

"You're a were--"

"Yes," he cut me off.

I just stared at him, blinking rapidly. Did he just expose his identity to me? But why? We just met today.

"Cool." I replied putting all the questions inside my head.

He seemed taken aback at my reply and smiled ever-so-slightly, "Hey, you can ask me questions as much as you want. And don't worry I won't expose your identity."

I scoffed at the latter sentence. I certainly wasn't insecure about my identity. If he exposed mine, I would have exposed his. Fair and square.

And not like anyone would believe him 'cause I've been here for two years and he just came today. My charm is still on every girl who walk down our high school.

"Well, why did you come here? How did you know about myself? Why you presumed I would hate werewolves? Hey, wait, by any chance, are you a stalker!? Oh shit! Papa told me to stay clear of them!! And most importantly why did you reveal your true self to a stranger aka me!??" I stumbled upon my own words.

"Uh..huh.. slow down tiger," he chuckled at my flow of queries. "Lemme entertain you with answers. Don't interrupt me. Ask again once I finish. Ok, Taehyung?"

"Ok, Jungkook," I nodded at him, excited to know the answers.

"Our pack members grew larger this recent year and we'd to expand our pack house so we moved to the northern jungle of this town. And I'm attending school here 'cause our pack school isn't very developed. You must be wondering what's a pack house.

"Well, we werewolves stay together and the pack house is like a small village. Anyway, when I entered the classroom your scent sent me to edge and I knew you're a vampire. A royal one. There was a more vampire in the class. The one who was sleeping. Maybe he's related to you.

"If you're wondering how I could just tell your identity by your scent, then lemme clear it to you. It's not any oridinary scent, it's a mixture of your blood and body scent. It's a significance of supernatural beings.

"I'm certain you've smelt my scent already but couldn't figure out the real meaning behind it. So I was rightㅡ old vampires don't teach the young ones about other supernatural creatures unlike werewolves.

"And I exposed myself to you 'cause I just felt like doing it. Vampires and werewolves are enemies by instincts. That's why you might have felt uncomfortable in my presence.

"But I don't care about the bullshit aka hatred. I thought you would have the same opinion too. And guess what I was right again. I just wanted to be myself. I felt like I would be able to do so with you by my side."

Jungkook finished his mini speech of few minutes with a boyish grin. And it took me another few minutes to absorb his words. Nevermind. I still didn't understand half of his words.

But he seemed so amazing and I would like to have a friend with whom I could be myself too. So without thinking much, I stretched out my hand,

"Friends?"

"Friends!" He took my hand gladly.

"But dude your pineapple deodorant is disgusting! Don't wear it," I scrunched up my nose.

He snorted, "So I smell like pineapple. Interesting. And by the way you smell like fresh lemonade."

I blinked at him. I guess I've yet more to learn about werewolves for the sake of my only friend, Jeon Jungkook.

*E N D O F F L A S H B A C K*

So yea, that's how this moron stuck up my ass.

"Hey, what's popping?" Jimin cheered up as we took our seats across their chairs.

"Your cherry," Jungkook replied, sarcasm dripping off his tone.

I laughed along with Hoseok and Jimin pouted, "I swear to the moon goodness, kook-

"Did you just swear on moon goodness!?" Jungkook fake gaped as Jimin looked away, defeated.

And we all laughed at the sulking Jimin.

"Shut up! I'm sleeping here."

Yoongi's words were enough to shut us up and bring a threatening smile on Jimin's lips. At that Jungkook and I shared knowing glances and smirked.

_____________________________________________

so that's it for today

and i feel as if no one is reading cz literally no one commented in the previous two chapters

i'm sorry for boring you

i guess i should keep the further parts of this fic just in my drafts cz no one seems eager

see you later guys, bye :)

ㅡA.