¹⁰Agitation and Restlessness

Chapter Ten : Agitation and Restlessness

Third Person's POV

From the moment the girl started playing cards with them, she had felt that there was something odd between Taehyung and Jungkook. Normally, men who travelled together were either close friends or brothers but the interaction between these two did not seem to be as simple and straightforward as that. Instead, there seemed to be a sort of silent intimacy between them.

It should be said that their relationship was particularly good. Yet, from their manner of speech, it could be seen that they weren't a pair who had been together for several years.

In this era, gay couples in public areas were not anything shocking. As a result, the girl quickly came to this conclusion. At first, she had only been a bit suspicious. It was only when she saw this scene that she was finally unable to restrain herself from asking.

The pent up feelings in Taehyung's heart which had been welling up in that instant were interrupted by the girl's question. Lifting his head, Taehyung smiled and said, "Ah, yes. Don't we match eachother perfectly?"

Taehyung did not know what got into him to say that but he just felt like saying so. It did feel nice. He thought that Jungkook would still be asleep when the girl would leave at the next stop, so a little lie would cause no harm, would it?

"Yep." Initially the girl had worried that she was too bold and Taehyung would be angry. Upon seeing him generously admit it, she quietly exhaled and laughed, "You must usually treat him extremely well then!"

Taehyung paled slightly, "Why do you think that?"

The girl chuckled and spoke, her words carrying an underlying tone of wishing them the best, "You look at him with a particularly tender gaze."

When he heard this, Taehyung jolted and sunk into endless thoughts. Have others noticed it too? Did Jungkook though? What will he think? Will he be disgusted?

The girl then said something else but it didn't enter Taehyung's ears. It was only when the station where she would get off arrived and she bid him goodbye, then he finally managed to recover.

Quite a lot of people got off at this station. The originally packed compartment was now half-empty. Most of the passengers on the train were sleeping, those who weren't sleeping were either playing on their phones or just staring off into space.

Inside the carriage, it was very quiet. The whistle blew and the train once again embarked on its journey.

The sound of the wheels colliding with the railroad track echoed in through the opened glass windows and the carriage swayed slightly.

Jungkook slept for the rest of their journey. When he felt uncomfortable, he adjusted his posture while one hand simply wound itself around Taehyung's waist.

Taehyung stiffened and didn't dare to move. Since no one was watching he took the chance to gaze avariciously at the youth next to him who was fast asleep.

Has his own feelings reached to a point where they could no longer be hidden?

To the point that even a random passer-by could easily see his own agitation and restlessness?

Reaching out a hand, Taehyung lightly touched Jungkook's hair which had grown just a little bit longer.

Their luck this time was quite good as the train did not have any delays. At exactly nine o' clock the train arrived at their destination.

With their backpacks slung over their shoulders, the two allowed themselves to be swept along the crowd who were all getting off the train. Taehyung saw Jungkook's bewildered — kind of sleepy — appearance, it was as if he would be carried away by the stream of people at any time.