¹¹Hypnotic Trance

Chapter Eleven : Hypnotic Trance

Third Person's POV

When the boys traipsed down the road to enjoy the night beach, it was already past 12. The area was almost vacant, only a few couple of people walking around randomly; side shops were being closed down.

The night moon was shining at its own glory. It was almost a full moon. The beach waters were trying to catch the moon, roaring along with its waves trying to reach the top of the sky, almost kissing the moon. Thin stack of fluffy clouds were dancing with the moon as if all of them were playing some kind of hide and seek game.

Taehyung inhaled the smell of the surroundings and heaved a sigh of pure content. He was wearing a half sleeved grey t-shirt and yellow shorts. A slender silver chain was dangling in his neck and two bracelets in his left wrist.

Jungkook - cladded in his sky blue football jersey - was carrying a white plastic bag which had their swimming suits. Even though they were wearing cosy clothes, they just wanted to return back to their hotel room with their dry and clean clothes.

"Hey"

"Hmm?"

"Yoongi hyung called you when you were in the washroom," Jungkook informed Taehyung who was happily humming to some songs.

"Yeah? What did he tell?"

"He was saying it's something important."

"Oh ok, I'll call him back later." Taehyung smiled and bent down to unlace his shoes. He disposed the vans carelessly and ran towards the shore.

The waves silently pecked his bare feet and ran a little further away as if they were flustered. He felt gritty sands against his feet. The smell of saltwater travelled up his nostrils, releasing a spell-like hypnotic trance on him.

"KOOKIEEE~ C'MERE" Taehyung put both of his palms alongside his mouth and screamed as if Jungkook were 10 meters away from him.

As the area was almost void of any trace of human being and there were few mountains nearby, his words echoed through the whole beach. And in that very moment Jungkook felt his heartbeats echoing as well.

Jungkook laughed at his goofy behaviour and went at a full speed to attack Taehyung with a sudden bear hug. Taehyung was so not ready for this and almost fell backwards, Jungkook reached just in time and caught him by his waist.

They stared at eachother as if instinctively, time was moving at a sluggish speed creating a nerve-wracking moment. Waves crashing against a nearby rock was heard. But they could only feel the heartbeats of their own, knocking loudly at their eardrums.

A warm breeze swirled around them sending their hair in all different directions. The nature was rather serene but their insides were not.

Jungkook accidentally glanced at Taehyung's lips and for some unknown reason he could not lift his eyes off those kissable soft yet slightly dry lips, he instantly felt his throat going dry. Taehyung could feel the other's stare on his lips but he did not dare to look into Jungkook's eyes because he knew damn well that he would lose all of his self control.

He awkwardly laughed, peeling his t-shirt away, "Let's go for a race?"

Jungkook flinched slightly, coming out of his trance he hastily rummaged around the plastic bag and threw Taehyung's swimming suits at him, sneaking a glance at his toned muscles and prominent v-line.

Taehyung noticed his gaze and smirked to himself. Catching the clothes with his right palm in a swift motion, he flexed his muscles in a warm up manner.

Jungkook felt butterflies up his stomach and something else down below. He has seen Taehyung shirtless multiple times but he has never put much attention but nowadays everything feels differently different.

After changing into their swimming suits, the boys dived into the water together. Both of them started heading towards the depth of the beach. They were supernatural beings but the rule of their competition was to use power like a normal human being.

They had like a 0.5 meter of gap between their bodies as their lane boundary. Taehyung's eyes could still make out every outline of Jungkook's fine body crystal clear underneath the sea water. Hence, instead of focusing on the race he found something more interesting to concentrate on.

Jungkook was pretty competitive so he did not notice any of this, he was more busy sorting out his disarrayed emotions so he exerted some of his supernatural skills out of sheer frustration.

The rule has been broken already but Taehyung could care less. He was really living the moment of his life. Even though he felt really really tired physically, he didn't stop swimming - keeping pace with Jungkook - without using his supernatural power.

Taehyung was occasionally throwing some insults at Jungkook, "You're so slow! Heard football team players are all BIG guy but if the captain is like this..."

"Oh really? A little birdie also told me that basketball players are ace. Guess they were just lying," Jungkook sneered.

"Uhu I am just trying to slow up for you little buddy, if you say I can go 3x speed at ease."

Jungkook knew it was not possible for a normal human being as he crossed the normal speed already.

"Someday I'll straight up murder a bitch and the jury would just be like, 'Nah he deserved it, let the murderer go.'"

Taehyung wheezed internally even though it was directed at him. "Gosh kook, so aggressive for a little race? Very bad."

Jungkook rolled his eyes but laughed as he made eye contact with Taehyung. Their laughter was quite contagious. Little stars up in the dark blue sky were blinking silently at the scene.

Once the laughters died down, Jungkook sped up once more but this time Taehyung could not keep up with him. He went blue and couldn't breathe - well. He doesn't need to breathe to operate heart but still he needed to inhale oxygen now and then so that the taken blood could be transformed into energy.

"Heh loser, look! I'm ahead of you," Jungkook turned around but found no one.

He panicked, "Tae! Taetae! Is it some kind of prank?? I swear it won't be funny if I catch your ass!"

No response.

"TAEHYUNG!"

Nothing.

"KIM TAEHYUNG!!"

Still nothing.

Jungkook could wait no more as he grew more worried every passing second and diped his head underneath the salty water only to find a familiar figure floating around which was going deeper faster.

sjksjk sorry for late update, I'd physics test yesterday plus butter teaser photo 1 dropped and I left this planet fr

I'VE NO WORDS CAUSE LITERALLY SEVEN OF THEM STRAIGHT UP BIAS-WRECKED MY POOR LIL HEART LEFT AND RIGHT MERCILESSLY

ps. vote & comment besties ♡♡♡

-A