²Friends For Dear Life

Chapter Two : Friends For Dear Life

Jungkook's POV

Do you ever look at your parents and wonder that they deserve better child than you?

'Cause I sometimes do. I couldn't be a better son. But again I'm only seventeen-ish and it's time to live. Sure they're proud of my sports but not my grades.

I don't understand why I need to study. I'm the captain of our football team and I would easily get a scholarship to get into university.

My parents wouldn't either be pleased to know that my best friend is from our so called enemy clan. But I don't have energy to deal with their stupidity.

Although it's been two years of our friendship still my clan membersㅡ except Jimin and Hoseok- my elder brotherㅡ don't know about Taehyung's real identity.

My phone buzzed ㅡ snapping me away from my thoughtsㅡ in my pocket and I fished it out. I couldn't help but smile when I saw the caller ID.

"Hey, Kookie?"

"What's up, Tae?"

I know he's at the practice now. I don't have practice today so I'm just sitting at the rooftop of our schoolㅡ waiting for Tae and enjoying nature.

"Dude, I'm dying here! The sun is being a bitch and coach is being a total dick!" I could imagine him rolling eyes and pouting.

Sun is really not benevolent for Taehyung as it could burn his skin ridiculously faster than normal human skin. If he would stay under sun rays more than an hour, there would form painful bruises. And then he would need to shower in cold water.

The burns would heal quickly as there's hundred times more leukocyte cell in his blood than human blood. But that doesn't cover the fact that healing hurts like hell. He never told me that but I could see it in his eyes. I wish I could take his pain away.

I told him not to be a stubborn ass and quit sports. But he said, I quote, "What do you think? Stubborn gene is the root of vampire family tree. And I ain't supposed to be any different."

I know he was being playful to not worry me. But when I saw the sparks in his eyes whenever he would talk about basketball, I stopped nagging him to quit, rather started encouraging him to play.

"How about you ditch?" I piped up.

"Ain't I the captain?"

"Yes, and can you not lie?"

"What do you think I'm doing now?"

"You're lying to me?" I gasped.

"Nah, dummy, I lied to our coach that I got a sprain and resting under a tree across the field," he laughed.

Stupid.

"Oh right," I snorted. "I'm coming to pick you up then."

"Yeah, Come quickly, I'm hungry."

"Hungry?"

"Shut up. You know what I mean. Now hurry up or I'll eat you alive."

"Oh no! I'm still young and unmarried!"

He laughed and I ended the call, laughing.

After Taehyung's little show of how he couldn't walk let alone run in the practice and his coach's worried lecture of what he should do or should not do, we left the field as Taehyung very skillfully did the acting of limping, holding onto my shoulder.

As soon as we're out of the field, we burst out laughing. We're the kings of ditching responsibility.

We went to the back garden of our school building as it's full of trees. So sun rays wouldn't hit his skin directly and also students as well as staffs don't come to this area 'cause it's practically known as jungle or something like that.

He had his 'meal' and after that we started talking about our day which soon turned into throwing insults at each other playfully like typical best friends.

"You quit?"

"Yeah."

"So I win."

"Uh nuh, I decided, it's not fair to have a battle of wits with someone who lacks brain cells."

"You just didn't!"

Before I could blink, Taehyung tackled me onto the ground. I let out a little 'off' out of the pain which resulted from banging my head on the ground and attempted to push him off.

"Dude! Get off! What the hell was that about?"

"I felt like that," he retorted, still wrestling with me.

"You're crazy!"

"You're just jealous because I won!"

"You didn't!"

"I did 'cause you surrendered."

"I didn't!"

"You quited!'"

"You're heavy!"

"Shut up!"

We kept wrestling for few minutes and we both practically are of same strength didn't help it either. We could kill each other if we weren't friends for dear life.

After minutes we both surrendered and called it a draw. He released me as I did the same.

There had been nothing sexual or suggestive, not even in Taehyung's gaze but something clicked. The next moment I was being yanked on my foot.

I blinked a second, trying to figure why I'd zoned out. Then it hit me.

His eyes.

Chocolate brown.

I added it as another item on 'why Taehyung is amazing' list.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine, why?"

"I would hate myself if I'd hurt you."

With that he reached out and wiped dirt from the side of my face. I just stared at him in disbelief as my heart started beating against my ribcage violently.

He just shrugged as if nothing happened.

Maybe it's nothing and I'm overreacting.

________________________

Soooo any idea about
Jungkook's feelings?

Please vote! Thx! <3

ㅡA.