Chapter Thirty-Four - It's A Long Story

"Levi?" a familiar voice question, my body ached, what exactly happened? I opened my eyes to see Scarlett's presence towering over my body, she looked worried, distraught, angry and sad, "Scarlett, are you okay, what's wrong?" I questioned sitting upwards. 

As I asked her what was wrong, tears started to stream down her face, "I-It got Chi..." she told me before leaning into my shoulder, sobbing horrifically, "N-Now, t-they'll never know how I feel, I'll never get a second chance, tonight was the night I was going to tell Chi I loved them." she told me, as she continued to sob. 

Pain stabbed me through the heart as I comforted the redhead, "I'm so sorry Scarlett." was all I could get through my mouth, "You're just lucky you confessed to the one you loved, don't lose her." she told me. 

"Levi! Scarlett!" a voice called out to us, Scarlett lifted her face off her shoulder as Bronwyn and Shannon came running up to us, "Are you guys alright?" Bronwyn questioned with a worried look, "Physically, yeah." I replied, "Not so much about mental and emotional, however." I added, gesturing towards the broken Scarlett towards me. 

Bronwyn and Shannon knew what I was hinting at and shot sad and upset looks at Chi, Shannon knelt down beside Scarlett and gave her a comforting hug as I stood up, scraping the dust off my clothing. 

Bronwyn's eyes flickered to me, "Have you seen anyone else?" she questioned. I shook my head in reply, "No, not exactly." I replied, "Me and Scarlett was in the same class so it was easy to find her." Bronwyn nodded her head, "Same for Shannon and I." she spoke, "That leaves either Blair, River, Cody, Eleanor, Jake and Vivian as the possible suspects of the traitor." I nodded my head in agreement. 

It worried me that Blair was along the list, she's meant to save the world, there's no way she'd want to cause this destruction to end the world if all she wants is to save it. I haven't seen her since god knows how long ago it was when Aries demanded to see her, I admit, it did worry me, but how everything around us was in complete destruction is what worried me the most. 

Suddenly, I overheard over-dramatic coughing as a silhouette from underneath the hill of rubble the four of us was standing on appeared, walking weakly uphill. The girls blonde curls were now a mess and loosened and her blue doll-like eyes had now faded into clouds of fear: it was Vivian, "There...you guys...are." she spoke, wheezing among the dust that circled around her, "Do you guys have any idea what's going on?" she questioned. 

Bronwyn spoke up again, her eyes averting towards me, "Scratch that, make it leaving Blair, River, Cody, Eleanor and Jake as possible suspects of the traitor." she told me, to which I lightly chuckled at. 

Vivian touched the side of her head and brought her fingers up close to herself, the back of her head was bleeding, even if she did survive till the end of the war of the end of the world, she wasn't going to survive that much with a severe wound like that at the side of her head, she winced sharply through thin gaps of her teeth, "Is this it? What Blair was talking about, you know...the end of the world?" Vivian asked worriedly. 

Bronwyn sighed heavily, looking down at her feet wither shoes coated around them, "Most likely." she spoke, "Have you seen any of the others?" she questioned. Vivian shook her head in reply, "No, it's got me worried, what if we're what's left to fight?" she asked worriedly. 

Scarlett then felt a surge of determination, "No, 4:08 means something, Blair saw it, I even saw it, that number means something!" she declared, she looked around before her emerald eyes drifted to my wrist, "Levi, what time is it?" she questioned. I looked down at my broken watch, yet it still seemed to work okay, "It's 5:00pm." I answered, looking back at her with an arched eyebrow. She sighed, "Dammit, the time must've changed, it could be any time from now till the war starts, which means we've got to find those who aren't the traitor." she explained.