Chapter Fourteen - A Team

And there I was, back on the battle field of destruction once again. My eyes widened and pupils dilated, "N-Not again..." I whimpered as my shaking legs hoisted me back up from the sandy concrete. 

My auburn eyes flickered around looking for any sign of a moving figure lurking behind the mist of the fog, my eyes drifted down to the shooting pain that pierced in my palms, I glanced down at my palms to see the wound oozing out with blood. 

"That's odd..." I muttered to myself, "The wound wasn't like that last time..." I spoke to myself. This most likely meant this had just been a recent occurrence, possibly before the last one I had. 

"B-Blair...is that you...?" a voice quivered, but the voice sounded oddly familiar. I jerked my body backwards to the person laying on the floor, shaking frantically due to the harsh cold that crawled up my spine in just a moment. 

I edged closer to the silhouette that lay paralysed on the ground, I began to pick up my pace till I was running, covering my face with my hand so the empty dust that engulfed me didn't make their way into my eyes, I had to be protective over them...but why? 

I noticed the body instantly that laid supposed 'dead' on the floor. Long ambitious red hair, porcelain doll-like skin and bright emerald green eyes: it was Scarlett, I felt my eyes begin to water, "S-Scarlett!" I exclaimed in shock, kneeling down beside her. 

She let out a chuckle as blood poured from the side of her mouth before coughing vigorously, I looked at the abnormally large hole in her abdomen held my hand gently around it, using my other hand to grab her wrist, feeling her weak pulse. 

"S-Stay with me..." I begged as tears slid down my cold isolated face, "Please, I can't lose you." 

She coughed again as chalky dust from the concrete absorbed into her throat, "I-It's too late..." she replied, "T-They already got me...the damn traitor." she spoke, I glanced at her injured body, she seemed to be wearing some sort of suit that represented the power of the Libra. 

It was the Libra's true colour the emerald green that matched her eyes perfectly, with the Libra's identity of scales tattooed on her left cheek, "S-Scarlett please...you're all I have left..." I pleaded, tears streamed down my cheeks more to the fact my breathing became uneven and I found myself frantically breathing out of my mouth. 

She just flashed my a smile, "Do me a favour...do us all a favour..." she placed her shaking hand on my shoulder, she patted my shoulder with the energy she had left, "Kill them." and with that her emerald eyes closed, the bright green light that glazed out of her eyes faded away like a burnt out candle light and her body then became unresponsive. 

"S-S-Scarlett?" I questioned as panic hit my body, "Scarlett!" I screeched her name this time, on instinct I grabbed her shoulders, the hand I had placed over her wound was soaked in her own blood, "Scarlett!" I called out again, shaking her shoulders as I sobbed uncontrollably. I placed my ear against her chest trying to listen for a heartbeat: there was none. 

Tears continued to fall down my face as I screamed as loud as I was capable of, just wanting this nightmare to be over. 

I woke up. 

I launched my body upwards from my bed, waking up in cold sweat. I waited till my breathing calmed down to glance at the time. '4:08am.' the clock read that rested on my bed side table. I hazily rubbed my eyes as I swung my legs over to the edge of my bed, my feet grazing against the beige carpet. 

"No reason in trying to fall back to sleep." I muttered to myself, knowing if I even tried to I would just be continuing the same nightmare, but I guess it also cuts out one person as the traitor, leaving the others as suspects.