Chapter Eight - I Don't Care

Germany 2009 -

"M-Mom....p-please c-come back home...." she cried, gripping hold of the phone in her hand, sobbing into the corner of her room, "I c-can't take it a-anymore, I-I want to b-be with you..."

A boy round the same age as her opened up the door rather cautiously and slowly, his dark brown eyes landed onto his shaking sister, he walked up cautiously, "Molly?" he questioned, "What are you doing?"

"B-But M-Mom!" the young fragile girl pleaded with her own life, "D-Dad does things...t-terrible things, you c-can't just leave me here!" she screamed but then the phone cut, the muffled sounds of incoherence suddenly died as Molly slumped down further into the ground, hugging her knees tightly.

"M-Molly..." the young Liam spoke, approaching his terrified sister, wrapping his arms around her soothingly, "It'll be okay..." Liam whispered in her ear.

"They can't see you." Aries spoke, taking a glance towards me who had just witnessed the scene. "W-What is this? What am I doing here?" I questioned, glancing at the two younger siblings who was curled up tightly into a ball, calming each other down by their presence.

"It's a memory, my dear." Aries replied, "This was Molly's last thoughts before her life was taken away, by you." Aries explained. "Then why isn't Shannon seeing this, she's the one who's friendly with the dead." I exclaimed back.

Aries just smirked, "Oh, she can see, she just can't see us" he replied. "Then why am I seeing this?" I asked, looking up to Aries' horrific figure standing beside me, and I hated it.

"Because this was in the past, wasn't it?"

I didn't answer back, I turned back to face the two, "How do I get out of here?" I asked, "I don't want to be apart of this, I don't want to feel anymore guilty then I feel!" I spoke, mentally breaking down, I harshly bit my lip, resisting the urge to cry.

Aries only spat out a viscous laughter causing me to step back a little, "You can't!" He exclaimed, "You see what you need to see!"

I bit my lip anxiously turning back to face the trauma staring at me right in the face, I resisted any sign of weakness despite already feeling guilty.

The door handle began to shake a little before slowly opening, I followed my gaze to the door and saw the person who stepped through, it was a middle aged man, brown hair like Mollys and Liam's and had the same dark brown eyes, he has a thin layer of hair resting on the top of his lip and wore nothing but a plain white stained tank top and beige shorts the smell of alcohol lurked as he stumbled through.

"There's my little girl..." he whispered with a dark chuckle afterwards.

My head snapped back to face the two cradled on the floor, they were terrified. I watched as Liam darted out of the room, Molly tried to follow him but she was cornered by what I could only guess was her father slamming his hand in the way of the door.

Molly flinched, stumbling back terrified. I watched as Molly whimpered under his presence, she was shaking and tears began to appear under her eyes.

I glanced to her father, his sadistic look seemed infuriated at her attempt to escape, watching as he threateningly walked towards her made me step back a little holding my clenched fist against my beating heart.

"You've been a naughty girl, Molly."

And with that, I was back in reality. I looked down to see Molly's dead body cradled in my grasp, the door opened quickly and Bronwyn came rushing through.

"What did you do?" She asked petrified. "S-She was g-going to kill me r-right? Y-You saw!" I exclaimed, my black inked tears began to swell up, "I-I didn't know what else to do okay?!"

"At least it was self defence right? Could've been worse..." I heard Bronwyn mutter.

"What do we do?" I asked, fearful of the consequences, "What we have to do," she replied, "Destroy the evidence."

And with that she set off on a wild cat chase, washing all of the blood as I laid traumatised to do anything, she took her jacket off and threw it to me, I caught it as I slowly stood up.

"Wear that and zip it up, we'll get you home." she told me, part of me thought she knew what she was doing but that might've been because she wants to become a doctor, but the other part of me was reassured that she was helping me and not running from me.

I quickly took my own blazer off, took her jacket and zipped it all the way up to the top, "I'll go get your bag, I'll be a minute." she notified me, I nodded and watched her bolt out of the room, I looked at Molly's body one last time, I couldn't bare to be in the same room so I gave her one last glance before running out of the bathroom myself, waiting in the hallway.

I sunk down to the floor and buried my face into my knees, guilt trips are awful, instead of killing her myself I could've saved her, I did nothing...

Bronwyn then stormed out with my bag and her own, then appearing behind her was Scarlett, "I couldn't get rid of her." Bronwyn spoke.

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "Wow thanks, love you too, now let's get you out of here." Scarlett said yanking me off the ground, we walked past the schools reception in which the miserable middle-aged women said nothing and as soon as we knew it we was outside the gates.

"Now do you want to explain what happened so then I can finally agree with you or are you just going to leave me in the dark about this hidden power I supposed to have." Scarlett spoke, folding her arms irritably.

"It's rude to speak so ill of the dead, we should get her home first." Bronwyn told her tilting her head into the direction, "Now, where do you live?" she questioned.

I lead the way, still half in a daze about the whole situation, thoughts clouded my head until Scarlett snapped me out of my thoughts, "Wait, the dead?! Who's dead?!" she exclaimed in shock.

"Can you just shut up for one moment?!" Bronwyn snapped, I turned my head to see Scarlett's reaction she simply rolled her eyes and spoke back, "No, I'm incapable."

I wouldn't guess a know-it-all like Scarlett could have a sense of sarcasm.

We arrived back to my house and immediately headed for my bedroom, Scarlett shut the door behind her as I sat down on the edge of my bed and Mavis crawled onto my lap and began to drift off to sleep.

"Alright now explain what's going on, please?!" Scarlett begged, extending her arms for emphasis.

"I-It was Molly," I began, "S-She tried to kill me, s-saying how much I was weak and how much I w-wasn't capable of my own power, she d-didn't even c-call me Blair, it was just A-Aries a-all the time, and t-then be-before I knew it, she was dead in front of me." I explained to Scarlett whilst I stroked Mavis' delicate fur that was on her head, Scarlett looked surprised, "Oh my god..." she muttered, "I guess you was right all a long, something is up."

Scarlett continued, "Somebody is going to find Molly in a matter of time and it won't be long." Scarlett spoke, seeming a lot more encouraged.

"We can't go after Molly's body yet, I've already covered everything up of there is a camera in the girls bathroom then that's just creepy, and I would've seen it." Bronwyn explained, "We have an even bigger mystery on our hands, if Blair is Aries, then who is everyone else?" Bronwyn questioned.

I looked to Scarlett as she was pointing to her to her chest frantically, "T-The visions we had!" she exclaimed, "I-It told me I was a Libra!"

"And I was Aquarius." Bronwyn added, "We need to gather everyone else." Bronwyn and Scarlett started bolting to the door.

"H-Hold on!" I called out, "If Molly wanted to do that it means Liam might be wanting to do the same!" I explained.

"He was getting awfully close to Rhianna." Bronwyn added nodding her head, he eyes then widened, "He's gonna kill her!" She exclaimed.

Scarlett groaned, "This is why I don't like boys, they manipulate." she said heavily rolling her eyes, "Let's kill this son of a bitch!" Scarlett growled.

"Well...maybe kill isn't the right word-" I began.

"I don't care."