Chapter Twenty-Four - Goodnight

The supposed 'sleepover'  had begun exactly three hours twenty-four minutes and forty-two seconds ago: make it forty-three now, Vivian and Chi was watching a teenage movie on Netflix, a box of tissues wedged in between them. Scarlett was on the swinging chair, her feet dangling underneath a photo frame as she scrolled through her phone. Whereas I was on the chair that could stretch out, enjoying the company of Buttons sprawled out across my abdomen asleep. 

Scarlett tossed her phone on the floor, causing everyone's attention to avert to her, "It's ran out of battery." she spoke, she switched positions swiftly so that she was sitting up, "Can we do something fun?" she questioned, curiously. 

Vivian grabbed the remote that was beside her left, she picked it up and placed the movie on pause, "Sure, what where you thinking of?" she questioned, I took the opportunity to gradually sit up, as I did so, I made sure not to wake Buttons up, to my surprise, he didn't, he just slid down effortlessly onto my lap instead. 

She hummed in response, her eyes narrowed, Scarlett's emerald eyes drifted to what was happening outside of the window as if she was thinking, I watched through the reflection of the window, seeing her large eyes widen, she snapped her attention back to the three of us listening in anticipation, "Truth or Dare!" she exclaimed in excitement. 

A large grin spread onto Chi's face as they skipped into the middle, their legs crossed, "Let's all gather in a small circle!" she spoke enthusiastically. With a slight smirk, Vivian rolled her eyes playfully before complying to the order, Scarlett took her time with dragging herself off the chair, sliding onto the floor in an army crawl way. 

I was the last one into the circle, as I gently scooped up Buttons and placed him on the chair, gradually sliding onto the floor. I was beside Scarlett and Vivian with Chi opposing me, "Alright!" Chi began, clapping their hands excitedly, "Who wants to go first?" 

"I will!" Scarlett spoke excitedly, her eyes drifted around the circle before they finally landed on mine, I gulped, she only smirked at my intimidated state, "Blair, truth or dare?" she questioned. I bit my lip harshly, I suppose truth can't be as bad as dare, right? "Truth." I answered.

Her smirk only grew wider, "Is their someone who you have your eye on?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows in a teasing way. Both Chi's and Vivian's eyes widened, Chi clapped her hands together excitedly once again, "Come on Blair, there's got to be someone who you like!" Chi exclaimed. 

I sighed harshly. My heart seemed to ache, as if it knew who I wanted, yet my head didn't. I couldn't understand, what was this feeling I was experiencing? Nobody seemed to acknowledge me clenching my fist, I couldn't see why I was so frustrated by this. My heart and head seemed like two different people, maybe it's someone I couldn't have? My eyes drifted to Vivian, maybe it's because someone else has their heart set on them too? 

I sighed, trying to get the feeling past me, "Nope," I replied, "nobody has really stood out to me yet." 

Scarlett gave a dissatisfied look, as Vivian shrugged it off, yet Chi seemed slightly taken back, "Alright Blair, it's your turn." Chi spoke up, I nodded my head, I turned to Vivian, "Vivian, truth or dare?" I questioned. "Dare!" she spoke determinedly. I gave her a smirk, seeming to hint what I was planning, I know this was going to pain me but I could tell by the look on her face she wanted to me ask her something along the lines of him, I felt pressured. 

"I dare you to call the person you like and confess your feelings, right here, right now." I spoke, the words rolled off me like liquor yet my heart seemed to ache more and more as the words spat out of my mouth like venom, the smirk on my face dropped as I spoke, Scarlett seemed to notice and frowned.