Chapter Twenty-Three - Begin

After arriving at my house, I advised Vivian to wait outside whilst I got everything ready, plus I couldn't bare to withstand her ranting about how she proclaims Levi is her true love, I don't understand. Why was this bugging me so much? I don't get it. 

I marched up to my room, dismissing my mothers welcoming greeting, I slammed the door in frustration, swinging a small suit case I had, just enough for a weeks maximum onto the bed, I began to helplessly pile clothes, two pairs of shoes, pyjamas, makeup, a hair brush and other essentials into my bag, yet I couldn't help but feel frustrated. 

I found myself rather irritated at how soon Vivian will be swinging her body all over him, why was this irritating me so much. 

I pushed past it, hearing my door creak open partially, revealing a clueless Mavis standing in the small gap of the door, my channelled frustration washed away upon seeing her small figure, I kneeled down to her, my fingers lacing into her black fur, she leaned into the touch, cautiously dragged my fingers out of her fur causing her amber eyes to look up to me, as if to question why I stopped stroking her luscious fur, "See you later, Mavis." I spoke softly as I opened the door further, picking up the suitcase by it's handle, carting it down the stairs. 

"See you soon, Mom." I spoke to her as I began to leave. "Oh, Blair," she began ushering my attention, she seemed happy, "What's up?" I asked, gazing up and down at her figure. "I wanted to give you something," she spoke, "Hang on let me get it for you, one moment." she gave a frantic nod as she rushed up the stairs, I watched as she ran up. 

Ever since her and my dad split up I've drifted further and further away from her, maybe it's because I wasn't such a huge fan of change but she does mean well I suppose. I never was the one for family bonding either, I spent most of my time in my room rather downstairs enjoying the thrill of family events, a slight sarcasm noted at the word 'thrill.' I've been caught up in my own head all this time to realise what was in front of me, maybe....just maybe....I might-

The door opened snapping me out of my thoughts as my mother had reappeared into the room, holding out a sparkling necklace in between both of her hands, my eyes widened, "Mom, that's beautiful!" I commented as she walked behind me, I lifted my hair up as she locked it onto my neck, "Where did you get that?" 

"It was your grandmothers," she replied, "your grandmother sure loved her pottery and jewellery, I just remembered about it, it suits you more than it does me." she spoke, turning her body so it was back in front of me, I gave her a smile in which she gave the gesture back, "Thanks Mom." I spoke, wrapping my arms around her neck, engulfing her into a hug, "No problem," she replied back, she was the first to break the hug, I lifted my head up to her, "See you next week, dear, stay safe." she advised me, I nodded my head, "I will, I promise." 

I waved goodbye, closing the front door behind me making my way to Vivian who was on the driveway, she was sat on the edge of the curb, "I'm finally here." I spoke up, causing her to turn her head around, she smiled, "Great!" she cheered excitedly, hoisting up the bag of snacks, "Let's go back to my place!" she spoke, pure excitement and dream-tone lurking in her voice, I nodded my head in agreement. 

As we arrived at Vivian's, I waited outside on the porch, as she got the key out of her pocket, "Oh, also," she began, turning her body to me, "You're not afraid of dogs, are you?" she questioned. I shook my head, "Not really, I'm more of a cat person myself but-" I began but was cut off by Vivian opening the door and a miniscule corgi ran down the stairs, she knelt down to it, giggling away as it seemed really happy to see her, she picked it up and turned to face me, "Blair meet Buttons, Buttons meet Blair." she introduced, nuzzling their cheeks together, "It's so small!" I commented, dropping my suitcase onto the floor, the sound of the metal handle clanging onto the floor made me cringe, but I ignored it, ushering towards the small puppy, stroking it's soft fur that was in between it's large ears.