Unexpected development and encounter

"Professor Slughorn?" Lily walked up to him after class.
"Yes, Lily?"
"My brother cut his hand up pretty bad. I was wondering if you have some essence of murtlap and if you do, could I have a small vial? If not, where can I find it?"
"I have some in my personal stock. Let me go get some." He walked into his office and she heard a rummaging noise and the clash of metal colliding. He came out a minute later with a small vial full.
"I apologize for the noise. I had some difficulty finding it." He handed her the vial.
"Thank you, Professor. My brother will be most grateful. Have a great day." She turned and walked out. She glanced around the hall to make sure no one else was there before she pulled out the map.
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." She tapped the map and saw Al was hiding in the secret passageway where her dad hid after he escaped Umbridge's room. Lily walked with the map in hand checking it every so often. She finally got there and she slid back the painting.
"Hey, Al. I got the essence of murtlap you needed. Sorry I couldn't get it earlier. I couldn't find the right time to ask Slughorn. Mischief Managed." She tapped the map once more and placed it back into her inside pocket
"Its fine, Lily. Get in here before someone sees you." She climbed in beside him and reclosed the painting. She reached for his injured hand and took out the vial. She poured a small amount into her hand.
"This is going to sting for a minute."
"Then let's get it over with." She took the small amount and started to rub it into his scarred hand. He bit his lip to not make any sound.
"You weren't kidding." He joked after she was done.
"I really wasn't. I know something else is on your mind. Mind telling me?"
"Well, I tried telling Scorpius and well, er, he felt the same. I know because I was struggling to tell him and he kinda cut me off." He turned red and trailed off.
"Wait. You don't mean. He kissed you?" Lily got excited.
"Well, yeah. He did. After he did he told me that we have to stay secret. But considering you have your own secrets I figured you can keep mine. His mom and siblings would probably disown him. His dad is probably the only reason he hasn't been. He told me that his mom sent a howler to the Slytherin common room because his sister told her that he still hung out with us."
"Dang. But you know I won't tell." Lily replied softly.
"I know. Mooney, can you tell Prongs for me? Please use that lip seal charm on him so if he tries to tell he can't."
"Of course. We both know Prongs struggles to keep my secret half the time. Scatter brain."
"That's true." They talked for a while.
"I better go. Here's the map. You know what to do. Bye."
"See you later, Mooney." She walked towards the hospital wing.
"Hello, Ms. Potter. Here you go." Madam Abbott handed her a small glass.
"Thanks." Lily said, shuddering. God did she hate that taste.
"Off you go." Madam Abbott walked her to the passageway. "You can find your way from here, correct?"
"Yes."
"I'll leave you here then. See you tomorrow." Lily turned and made her way through the passageway. She came to the rise into the shack. She sat there and waited. She estimated she was seven minutes early. She heard a distant dog barking.
"Padfoot, shut up before you get us caught." She heard James say quietly but strictly.
"Had to cause a distraction. There was someone watching through their window." Al said in a harsh voice. "Sorry, I hate that. Every time I turn back I sound like I'm angry."
"Doesn't matter. Let's catch up to Mooney."
"Right on time you two." Lily said once they arrived. She felt the effects of the full moon.
"That's our cue. You know we will always be here for you."
"Thanks, Prongs. That was actually sweet. Who knew you could be emotional." She joked. Her spine twisted painfully. In a minute she was completely shifted. Prongs and Padfoot were looking at her expectantly. She gave a wolfish grin and led the way out of the shack into the grounds of Hogwarts
"Lily, Albus, James, where are you?" Lysander and Lorcan were walking this way. Lily turned and bolted into the forbidden forest. He'd be crazy to follow her in there. She heard a slight familiar growl. She turned and saw Prongs and Padfoot keeping the twins back. She howled into the wind. His growling ceased and he ran to her. Prongs bucked his head and followed Padfoot. She snipped at both their tails.
"Lily, thanks. I know you're there. Please let me see you. I don't care. I just want to make sure your okay. I couldn't fall asleep not knowing." Lily held her head down as she walked out the shadows.
"Woah." Lorcan backed away in fear.
"She won't hurt you." James said. He had turned back after she had turned her head.
"James, what the hell? Where'd you come from?"
"I was the stag that bucked at you."
"Very funny. You can't be an animagus. That's like Transfiguration master level magic." Lorcan looked like he was about to lose it.
"He's not lying." Al changed form in front of them.
"What? When? Where? Why? How?"
"We started the process over summer. We stole the book out of Grimmauld place. It was in Teddy's dad's stuff. It took a month to figure out but once we did it wasn't that hard to do. The reason why is standing right beside you." Al gestured to Lily, who was trying hard not to show that she was enjoying being petted by Lysander.
"I'm going before I get caught. Coming, Ly?"
"Nah. I will stay right here."
"Fine. Don't blame me if you get detention." And with that Lorcan turned and stormed away.
"Sorry about him. He came along because he was worried I'd get caught."
"It's fine. But you're insane. You aren't an animagus. You're in danger from her. Even though she has taken her potion there are moments where it doesn't work as well as it should. We can be with her because when in animal form we can't be turned." James explained.
"I don't care. I won't be able to fall asleep unless I know she's safe and tonight I can't be sure so I will take the risk."
"The things we do for love." Al muttered under his breath right before he turned into Padfoot.
"What should I call you guys when your in your animal forms?"
"I'm Prongs, Al's Padfoot and Lily's Mooney. We named ourselves after the original Marauders. Which is funny considering me and Al's animal forms are exactly the same as Sirius Black and our grandfather. The leaders of the original Marauders. Now I'm bored. Lets go explore." In one swift movement he turned back into the stag and put Ly on his back. He ran into the woods leaving Padfoot and Mooney to follow him grinning at his antics.