S I X T Y - O N E

Start from the beginning

Klaus smirked, "Gladly."

_

Hope sat on the dusty wooden floors in a journal filled with poems Mia had collected over the years. "A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds. And when the weeds begin to crawl, it's like a bird upon the wall. And when the bird away does fly, it's like an eagle in the sky." She reads slowly while her fingers follow her every word.

Meanwhile, Mia strapped the flamethrower on her shoulder before giving Hayley the thumbs up.

Hayley opened the gas tank before speeding to safety while Mia shot the Hollow's jaw bone with fire.

Once Mia realized it wasn't going to burn she stopped and tossed it aside furiously. "This isn't working." Mia said frustrated as she walked over to Haykey.

Hayley sighed, "Someone should be here with the acid of doom so I'll go check on that." She said and began walking away.

Mia was going to do the same but Hayley called her, "hey can you check on Hope?" She asked.

Mia smiled, "of course." She replied before leaving to go upstairs. As Mia was walking towards Hope she encountered Klaus already inside.

"She isn't here. I could hear her little footsteps upstairs." Klaus says as he grabs Mia's hand and laces their fingers together.

"I feel as I have not seen you all day." Mia said softly as she leaned in for a kiss. Klaus chuckled, "I decided to give you a break of my murderous tendencies." Klaus joked making Mia laugh.

The two headed upstairs to the attic and found Hope on the floor with an open book, "And when the sky begins to roar, it's like a lion at the door. And when the door begins to crack... it's like a stick across your back. And when your back begins to smart, it's like a knife inside your heart. And when your heart begins to bleed, you're dead and dead and dead indeed." She read stuttering and stumbling over a few words.

Mia frowned as she knocked softly on the wooden frame. "Hope when I said you should read more, I didn't mean that." Mia joked.

Hope looked up at her parents and giggled as she closed it.

"Not exactly the most uplifting reading material." Klaus added as he crouched down to look at her.

"It's an old book of rhymes. There's a lot of weird stuff here." She said while using her fathers shoulders to help herself up.

"You know, Hope, I'd rather you didn't play here, actually. All the splinters and the dust... and the bats." Mia said in a serious tone before turning playful.

Hope smiled, "There aren't any bats." She giggled

Klaus shook his head, "I've seen no evidence that your Uncle Elijah doesn't sleep here, hanging upside down."

Mia laughed along with Hope. The two girls shared a look and ran to Klaus wrapping their arms around him.

"I've seen evidence that you, my love, do." Mia said making him chuckle.

"Come along, sweethearts. It's dinner time, and I've had the chef prepare all your favorites."

As they headed to the dinning table; Hayley walked in holding a box of stuff. "Join us." Mia said patting her shoulder as Klaus pulled the seat back for her to sit.