Chapter Thirty - Each Other

Magsimula sa umpisa

Yet the building was all too familiar for me. 

My auburn eyes remained pierced on the building, it was small, expandable with a flat surface, it's main colours were a slate grey and black which bounced off reflectively, it wasn't certainly eye catching but it was something you could walk past and not think of anything mysterious or weird about it. 

Yes, it was the storage room. And something was off about it. 

He yanked my arm a little too forcefully, sending me two steps aside into his direction, "Come on, we've got to get looking for Rihanna." he reminded me. 

I looked at him, pointing to the plain building, "Can we investigate in here for a bit?" I questioned, Mason shrugged, "I don't know," he replied, "It's not like you can get in, it's got a code." 

"I think I might know it." I retorted back with a menacing grin, he exhaled heavily, "Fine." he whined, following me up tot he code that displayed numbers 0-9. I knelt down to the codes level, I paused for a moment, trying to think of the code Scarlett placed in earlier on. Come on Blair, think, think. 

Mason groaned impatiently, "Come on, hurry up!" he whined. "Can you shut up for two seconds while I try and think?" I snapped at him, growing frustrated by his tall presence towering over my shoulder, "Alright! Alright! Calm down, woman!" he exclaimed, taking two steps back. I exhaled heavily, "Thank you." I muttered to myself, turning my attention back to the code displayed in front of me. 

I watched as Scarlett's fingertips traced along each button '1-4-6-3-2'

That's it! The code is 1-4-6-3-2! Brilliant! 

Excitedly, I traced my fingers along the numbers, after my finger parted away from the two, I stepped back looking like I was admiring my work, there was silence for a few moments, "Now what?" Mason asked breaking the moments of silence. "Just wait!" I immediately answered back, and after those words rolled off my tongue like liquor, the door chimed and opened by itself. 

I grinned listening to the door slam against the wall, I glanced back at Mason who seemed to surprised by what had happened, "It's like a secret hideout!" he spoke, excitement glowing in his eyes. "You watch too many science fiction movies don't you?" I questioned with a soft sigh, folding my arms tightly and securely, preparing myself for the extreme cold that lurked within the empty place. He huffed, "Maybe I do, maybe I don't." he retorted back. 

We walked into the place, like last time, it started off dimly lit but the lights flickered on one by one as we walked just a few paces behind them, "This is a storage room..." Mason spoke up over the heavy tension as he walked around, I turned my head to look at his appearance, he didn't seem to be fazed by the cold, my mouth fell agape, "How the hell are you not cold?!" I exclaimed. "I am!" he quickly retorted back. "Then why aren't you trying to keep yourself warm?!" I quickly questioned back. "I don't know!" he screamed back, and with that the bickering stopped. 

Six across from the end was three a, Scarlett's storage room, "Why are we stopping at this one? Is it yours?" Mason questioned completely oblivious to what had happened prior, "No," I replied, crouching down to the codes level, "It's my friends." 

Mason deadpanned, "So it's Scarlett's then?" he questioned. I growled at his smug attitude, "Shut up and let me concentrate!" I snapped causing him to squeak and take two steps back, "I'm sorry don't kill me!" he squealed, pleading for his own life, I sighed heavily, "You're such a wuss." I muttered under my breath which he overhead, "No I'm not!" he retorted back. 

I sighed, deciding not to answer back, I looked forward straight to the numbers that displayed 0-9 on the keyboard, I sighed, I knew it was a three digit code, but what was the code Scarlett placed in? 1-2-3? 4-5-6? 7-8-9?