Ch. 43 ➣ "Truth or dare?"

Shawn's POV

I can't believe Corie's here. Breathing the same air as me, going to the same beach as me. Do I sound weird? You know what I don't care, I have every right to. The girl that broke my heart and ruined my life is right here.

What am I gonna do?

Do I.. Talk to her? Do I wait until she talks to me? Is she the same? Did she change? A million thoughts are flooding my mind.

"Shawn are you okay?" Mahogany asked.

"Yeah.. I just don't feel good," I answered honestly.

"We'll just sit down by the campfire then," Mahogany kissed my cheek. I faintly smiled. Taylor continued to drive until we reached the beach.

As I got out I saw Corie and Nash walking closely next to each other. Throughout the tour, he continued to distance himself away from me. Which I guess was understandable— I dated the girl he was in love with and then I broke up with her. But he had it out for me even before then, Nash just didn't like me.

— Corie's POV —

"All I did was ask for Chapstick and one hit my head. It really did hurt. I just tried to play it off," Nash laughed. He was talking about the tour and the experience with his fans.

"You're cool," I said sarcastically. We walked together until we saw a good place to have a bonfire.

"Wanna walk around?"

"Sure—"

"Hey Corie!" Johnson said. I turned around and smiled at him, it was about time he spoke up.

"Wanna walk around? I'm sorry if I didn't talk to you at first I-"

"It's alright. Sure we can, Nash and I just ended the conversation," I replied.

I turned back around and mouthed sorry to Nash. Johnson and I haven't caught up yet. He replied with a nod and walked over to Cameron.

"It's been.. a long time since we last saw each other."

"Yeah. A whole year. I missed everyone," I confessed, "you guys were like my only friends so I had to start over when you left.. it's kinda hard when the whole school hates you. I wish everything was back to where it was. I'm happy that you all joined Magcon, but–"

"But you also don't," Johnson finished, "That's how I feel too.."

"Anyways.. How is it?" I tried to change up the conversation, "mean, how's Magcon so far?"

"It's fine. Jack and I are making more music. I love being in the studio," he faintly smiled, "doing this whole meet and greet thing has helped me open up. I mean- I've gotten a lot better than when we first started. I couldn't even get out a full sentence in front of our fans."

"Well, I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. You look really happy and that's all I could ever want for you," I nodded. I didn't know what else to say.

"Corie?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you.. okay?" Johnson seemed concerned, "you just seem off and I've known you for awhile so.."

"Yeah, I guess," I shrugged my shoulders.

No, God, no. The high school teachers are hell and I'm drowning in school work– my senioritis was catching up to me and I wanted to die.

"Okay," Jack didn't push any further. He left it alone, noticing how I would rather not talk about myself.

The rest of the conversation was about random stuff. We went from Magcon, to pant sagging, to bras, and then to puppies.

"Hey, Corie.."

"Yes? Again?" I laughed.

"I don't know if you noticed— or maybe you did and just let me down easily, but I've had a crush on you since I first met you," Johnson went on, his hand started to shake a little, "and we've been friends since then— I know you wouldn't see me as anything more. But I.. I just wanted to tell you. Just so things don't go unsaid. Maybe I'll die tomorrow and regret never telling you."

"No, don't say that. I don't want you to jinx it!"

"Just in case.. You never know," Johnson added before we both fell silent as we continued walking.

"I mean, you weren't exactly keeping it a secret. I would overhear Cam teasing you about it and you always gave me a pencil in the morning because I never had one prepared," I smiled at the memory, "and you were always nice to me.. a-and so happy all the time. So.. yeah, I knew and.. I'm sorry for never feeling the same way."

"It's fine. We don't always get what we want.. do we?"

Awkwardly, I patted his back and we walked back to the bonfire where everyone was gathered. Jacob and Shawn were singing a duet, both of them strumming their guitars.

I saw Mahogany cuddled around Shawn. I know I shouldn't say this, but I'm a little jealous. Even though Shawn shouldn't matter to me anymore, and I don't matter to him. So he can take Mahogany. I have a relationship.

"Corie— sit over here!" Nash patted the chair.

Like I said before, Nash is like a brother to me. An annoying, obnoxious, clingy, jealous, brother. But I still loved him like one and I took a seat next to him.

"Let's play truth or dare. To get the night going." Sammy smirked, "Everyone in?"

"Sure," We all muttered, looking at each other just to see what one would say. We were reluctant though, Sam was known to go a little too far in parties.

Like when he did a keg stand on the roof, jumped off into the pool, then threw up everywhere. People were talking for weeks and Sammy was just proud.

"Okay!" Sammy clapped his hands, "Shawn.."

Shawn sighed and put down his guitar. I knew he was going to pick the truth before he even said it.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth. He always picks the truth. Let's just save time and–" I called out.

"Dare. I pick dare," Shawn interrupted, not even looking at me.

"I dare you," Sammy paused dramatically, "to make out.. with Corie.. in front of Mahogany."

______

Sammy Wilkinson

-Author💋