Ch. 31 ➣ "Life of the party."

– Corie's POV –

"Life of the Party."

That title reminded me of those popular coming of age films everyone loved. But it was also contradicting– Shawn barely went to any parties. He was probably inspired by the ones at Gilinsky's house, he did say he wrote it over the past couple of days.

"I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say"

Suddenly, my face started to feel hot and my ears were on fire. I may be overthinking, but those lyrics felt like they were written for me. From the "we don't care" to "going out late." It couldn't be a coincidence after taking our trip out of town?

"We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party."

My embarrassment turned into happiness. Those were the same words that I had been nagging Shawn all about. I was ecstatic to see that he took them into heart. Especially by turning them into a song that was– by the way– really fucking catchy and good for an amateur.

As he strummed the last cords and lyrics, his eyes shifted towards me. I smiled, feeling that warm sentiment in my chest and immediately started clapping with our friends. His cheeks turned a bright red again again and he handed the guitar back to Jacob with a shy smile.

"Dude that's awesome," Cameron complimented him afterwards, "you should start posting covers on Vine."

"What's that?" Shawn asked with a confused look, "isn't that a type of plant?"

"It's like this app where you only post videos. And the videos are 6 seconds," Johnson explained for him.

"You should Shawn, you'll get the fame you deserve." I smiled, "The Jacks already have tons of supports– Cam and Nash too. They love the stupid shit people do."

"I'll think about it.." Shawn started to kick the ground. He was definitely not going to think about it.

"Have any of you been invited to the Magcon tour?" Cameron asked only to the people who had a vine account.

"Us," both of the Jacks raised their hands.

"Me," Taylor added, "I just got the email last night."

"And Nash," Hailey mentioned, she looked over at me with a small frown. She wanted him to come tonight, but there was no way I was prepared to talk to him. Shawn would have been uncomfortable too and that would lead him to be in a shitty mood.

"Magcon? What a weird name," I scoffed. Okay, I was a little offended that I wasn't invited– My talents exceed in shit-talking and drawing."

"It stands for meet and greet convention," Cameron explained, "They're putting viners in to help them get recognized."

"The tour starts in 4 months," Taylor butted in, "it's enough time to move into online school and stuff. We've all decided to go."