Ch. 39 ➣ "Kids in love."

— Corie's POV —

"I'm gonna go get a drink. I'll be back," Melina announced and walked away.

I sat by myself trying to finish my essay. The past months haven't been easy, since it's almost the end of the school year teachers have been assigning students more homework.

This is what college will be like, they said. But I doubt that. I know that students can space out their schedule so we don't have one class after another. That's what I hated the most about high school. Six classes all in one day? Too many lectures and too many people to deal with.. I dread every morning. Sometimes I wished I would never wake up because I didn't wanna sit through another day at these desks.

"You need to chill. Stop stressing about this stupid project," Melina rolled her eyes, "you can do the bare minimum and pass."

"I can't! This is my whole grade," I slouched in my seat, "I used to not give a shit about school."

"Look how the tables have turned," Melina laughed.

We stayed a little more at the coffee shop. Just until it got darker outside. It's been a year since I've last seen Hailey, Nash, the Jack's or everyone else. They took that deal with MAGCON and started to tour around the states. Also started making content online like videos and hosted some radio shows— they had no time to come back and hang out with highschool friends. Their futures were really taking off.

Now that I had no one to really mess around with or anything, I started to put in more work into my studies than usual. Which was freaking out the teachers, my counselor even asked if I was doing okay mentally. I just used essays and books as a distraction.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, there was a text from Hailey.

Hey! Magcon will be in Arizona on Friday, you should come! I can give you free VIP tickets and I haven't seen you in forever. —Hailey

I did really miss Hailey and the rest of the group, seeing them would be nice. I wonder if things would be different now? It's only been a year, they couldn't have changed that much,

Of course! I miss you too, we need to catch up. I'll be there, can I bring a friend? —Corie

"Who ya texting?" Melina smirked and elbowed my arm.

"My friend Hailey. She's asking if I wanna go to Magcon. Wanna come?"

"Magcon sounds like a condom brand. Magcondom."

We bursted out laughing. I didn't notice that— holy shit, the money they could make off of that!

"Anyways. What is it? Is it those wannabe pop bands?"

"No. It's a meet and greet convention. I guess it's fun. Then why wouldn't she of joined?"

"Sure whatever. Who else am I gonna hang out with it?" Melina smiled.

Sure. As long as it's not more than 2 people tagging alone, Bart says it's okay. —Hailey

Okay. I'll be there (: —Corie

We packed up our stuff and Melina dropped me off back home. I sighed, throwing my bag onto my bed and changed into some pajamas. Heading downstairs, I saw that my mom was back home already, and I went to say hi.