Ch. 12 ➣ "Llama."

It was a cliché thing to do, I know, but I needed to take my mind out of things. I needed to forget, Nash was the right person to help me. He's been my bestfriend since we were little and he knew everything about me, even things Hailey didn't know about.

"Your what?"

"Fake boyfriend... I know this doesn't sound like me, but remember Dave?"

"Never forgot about him."

"It's just getting worse and worse. I need help, and if you for want–"

"Corie, I would love to. Real boyfriend or not."

I instantly felt bad. I've seen girls do this and I'm just so disappointed in myself for doing it too.

It wasn't anything bad, just a small distraction.

"Okay well, meet you at the mall? I need to do some shopping."

"Yeah, I'll see you."

Quickly, I got ready and put my hair up in a ponytail. I hated it sometimes– it was either in between curly or wavy, it's never either or. I tried to convince myself to go bald, but I live with it anyways.

"Bye Mom, bye Aaliyah," I waved goodbye as I grabbed my skateboard from the living room.

"Wait Corie! When you leave, can you go buy some groceries? Aaliyah is going to a party and we wanted to make some cupcakes," My mom handed me a list. She had a bright smile on her face so I couldn't say no.

"Yeah, sure," I shoved the list in my pocket before closing the door. As I skated through the sidewalks, the warm breeze hit my face and calmed my anxieties a little.

About halfway through the mall, a car stopped next to me. I didn't panic, but I did skate faster. The car quickly followed my moves even after I made several sharp turns.

After ending up in an alley to hide, I sat down so I could catch my breath. Apparently other people were hear too, I heard some voices at the end of the building.

"The llama is in the gate." (A/N: HOLLA IF YOU KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM)

I tired to hold my laugh in, what the fuck? If this was a serious drug deal, I didn't wanna get in trouble– I suppressed myself as much as I could.

"The llama, is in the gate," The voice repeated slowly.

It sounded familiar, who was it? I heard a few bags shuffling and people walking a direction.

"Are you sure it's real marijuna? Remember the last-"

"Yes it is! If it's expensive it's real," The voice said again.

This is really ticking me off, I need to know who it is. They sounded like someone I usually hang out with. In the moment of thinking, my phone went off, causing me to go into full panic mode.

"Did you hear that?"

I got up and skated away as fast as I could while checking if my phone. Also, I was looking back to see if they were following me.

Where are you ? —Nash Potatoes

I sighed, picking up the pace. When I was outside the front, Nash was there waiting for me. He pulled me into a hug after seeing me.

"Nash, what are doing?" My face was pressed against his chest and I couldn't breath properly.

"We're a couple now, remember?" He hugged me tighter; I swear, my eyes were popping out at this point.

"Yeah, but you're going to kill me," I pushed him away. He took my hand and clutched it tightly, "my hand is gonna break if you do that.."

"What if you fall in love with me?" Nash teased me with a smile.