Ch. 7 ➣ "iHop."

- Shawn's POV-

The weekend finally came in and I was glad that our project was finished. I sat on the kitchen chair eating a bowl of cereal while going through my phone. I was on Twitter when someone texted me.

Mall today ? —Unknown

I texted back asking who was it, I then screenshotted the number and sent to Corie. Maybe it was from someone she knew? I set my bowl in the sink, on my way upstairs I saw a bright yellow note.

Shawn,
Your dad and I are currently in Las Vegas for this week working with a client. We'll be back next Monday, make sure you call me if there's any problems! And please drop Aaliyah off at grandmom's house. Love you xo

Mom

I deeply sighed and crumpled up the paper. My parents are lawyers, but they didn't stick with one client. They help anyone else who needs them for more money, meaning if someone from New Zealand reaches out to them, they would go out of their way to travel. We were pretty wealthy, but I didn't want that. I just wanted all us together as a family. My sister Aaliyah walked downstairs and I gave her a tight hug.

"You're going to staying at grandmom's for the weekend. I'll drop you off after breakfast."

"Can we go to iHop?"

I nodded a yes and quickly got ready. I put on a sweatshirt I bought when we visited Canada and jeans. The least I could do for her was take her out wherever− she also knew how to deal with her absent parents.

The majority of our lives, we were taking care of each other. Mostly me taking care of her, but we were always together. We love our parents, of course, but we hated their jobs. We hated how they would have to leave all the time. As a result, our grandparents took care of us. We were practically raised by them.

It didn't have that much of an effect on us because we had each other. If we weren't close, then I would feel a hell lot more lonely.

"Come on, Aaliyah," I held the door open for her to go out. She wore the same thing I did, but a pink sweater. After eating some waffles and bacon, I drove over to our grandma's.

"Are you and Anika okay?" Aaliyah asks on our way. My breath hitched as I thought about her, I haven't seen her since that day in the cafeteria. Or talked to her.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You're lying."

"I'll tell you if you tell me why you're asking," I teased.

She gave a smile and sat up straight. "Well, don't tell Mom and Dad, but I went to the park after school and I saw Anika alone, crying. I asked her what was wrong, and she said it was about you and Carter. Well, mostly Carter."

I pulled over for a second, even if we were close to the house. Why would she go to the park alone to cry? Wasn't she happy a day ago?

"Did- did she tell you anything else?" I stuttered. Aaliyah nodded and took my hand to calm me down, she was such a good sister.

"She said that she was wrong to choose Carter and that she wanted you back."

I was furious, why would she do that? Leave me, and come back again? Like I would forgive just because we were friends!

"And her car," Aaliyah giggled. I cracked a smile, I remember I still had it. I dropped Aaliyah off, and headed home. Before I did, I had another notification.

It's Sammy. Meet me @ the park instead? —Unknown

I saved Sammy as a contact and I texted back. I was halfway to the park and my phone dinged again.

I don't know that number, maybe Taylor? He said he needed a new phone. —Corie😍👅💦

I was confused, I think it was Sammy right? I walked around the park, trying to him. I felt a tap on my shoulder .

I turned to face someone I shouldn't be seeing.

______

Might not be updating tomorrow😭. I'm going to be busy, but let's see how it turns out😁.
-Author💋