Ch. 19 ➣ "Cliff."

— Corie's POV —

My phone was ringing beside me, and being the lazy person I am, I just continued to ignore it. It rang again, and again, and then again. I took my phone and stuffed it inside a pillow.

Still ringing.

"Shut up!" I yelled at my pillow. The room fell silent, and I felt myself falling asleep again.

"Corie!" Mackenzie opened my door, causing me to scream out of frustration, "Chill. Nash is calling you– SHIT!"

She jumped at the brown bear in the corner of my room, "where'd you get that? It fucking scared me."

"Corie?" Nash asked. I got off from my cozy warm bed and picked up the phone left on my desk.

"What."

"I've called you so many times, and you haven't answered. I wanted to go into the Drive in Movies because I know you love them!"

"I'm here, I answered," I yawned into the speaker and put my hair in a pony tail, "happy?"

"Yeah, but on the eleventh time!"

"What's the matter? What's the deal?"

"The problem is I wanna spend time with you, but you push me away."

I stopped in my tracks. What am I doing to him?; "Okay, we can do something today."

"I'll pick you up at 3," Nash sounded more happier. I hung up and sighed.

How do people do this everyday? No offense, but it's heartbreaking, not only to them, to me.

I looked at the clock and saw it was two. I walked downstairs, seeing Aaliyah in the living room.

"Hey Aaliyah. Where's mom?" It was like she was my little sister.

"She's getting ready. We're going to the amusement park."

I was hoping she knew about yesterday, so we can talk about. I guess not.

"With Kenzie?" I took a pizza slice from yesterday and warmed it up.

"Yeah. She opened up more to Julie."

I smiled along too, Aaliyah has done so much these passed few weeks. I'm glad she's here. There hasn't been much screaming, pulling hair, or crying. In fact, Kenzie hasn't gone out to party in a couple of weeks. I think she's doing better.

After finishing up my food, I went upstairs to get ready. Since I didn't have anything nice to wear because they were all in the laundry, I just put on a random band tee and jeans. You could only wear sweaters and hoodies in the winter time– if it's not winter, it's hot.

Out of my window, I saw that Nash was parked outside. So I rushed downstairs after grabbing my stuff and hopped in the car.

"Hey," He smiled and took my hand. I slightly pulled away, but he held it tighter.

"Um, hi?" I pulled my hand back harder and put my seat belt on.

"You know Corie, we're dating,"

"But we're not actually dating," I shot back. His face was filled with sadness and he focused on driving. Nash has always been more sensitive than Hailey and I– we tried to get him used to our personalities, but he was just filled with too much love.

"Where are we going?"

"It's this cliff. Right above the Drive In Movie," Nash smiled again. I smiled a little bit, at least we're going to go to the movies again.

The drive was longer, but we made it in time. Charlie St. Cloud was playing. I may not come off as a person that liked these types of movies, but I was always drawn to ones with sad plots.

"Corie?" Nash asked. In my mind, I wanted to tell him to shut up, but I didn't want to ruin the moment.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you'd actually give a chance one day? To date you seriously.."

I stayed silent for minutes to think. Did I really want Nash to be my boyfriend? Was I ready for one? Is it worth giving my heart another risk of pain?

"Maybe. I don't know.."

Nash sighed in satisfaction, smiling. While I was here, lost in thought. I had to do something, the right thing.

I had to break Nash Grier's heart.

No, I didn't want to. I knew how it felt and I'm an idiot for having him pretend to be with me in the first place. But this is reality, he had to know that I'm never going to think of him in that way.

Not only was this the right thing, but there was something inside of me telling myself to do it. There was something inside of me that knew I should be with someone else.

I felt Shawn's eyes shift towards me for a few seconds, then he looked away just to glance at me again for another minute. My cheeks felt hot from the sudden stares, I was sure he was looking at me because everything else was just dark– there was only the screen in front of us.

I'm not sure why he asked me to hang out with him when I had just made his girlfriend cry in public. And by the look he gave me, he wasn't too happy. He also knew that I was "with" Nash– what was he up to?

I was still excited to go with him though. I'll admit that being with Shawn was fun. It was like building a new friendship, but with a person that's totally opposite from you.

A few times during this night, including right now, I wondered if he had any feeling for me, like his I question about whether or not I have any for him. Did he want to hang out to be friends? To get his revenge?

When the movie ended, Shawn and I made some small talk about it with a few snarky comments on the acting. Every time he cracked a smile at my joke, I wanted to look over to see– my side eye caught it though.

"Thank you the bear," I was holding the gigantic brown bear against my stomach while I was talking to Shawn through the driver's window, "now I could freak out in the middle of the night thinking there's someone in my room."

"Oh, I didn't think about that," Shawn laughed at the situation, "thank you for hanging out with me. It was fun being with you, I liked it."

"I-I'll see you," I turned around and walked into my living room with my heart pounding against my chest.

Just ignore it, ignore it! I screamed to myself and set my bear down in the corner of the room, go to sleep, you didn't feel anything for him.

______

Update #3
I HATE FAKE FANS SO MUCH. LIKE!! YOU ONLY LIKE THEM FOR THEIR LOOKS SHUT UP
-Author💋