44. | hugs and kisses

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND MAJOR FLUFF

TWITTER GROUP CHAT
highway to heaven ☁️

JIMIN
taehyung is gonna burn him alive

YOONGI
i don't think he'll go that far

NAMJOON
you never know 🤷🏻‍♀️

NAMJOON
we've never seen taehyung truly mad
before

NAMJOON
i don't think so, anyway

HOSEOK
i have

HOSEOK
it's scary

JIMIN
i hope it goes well

NAMJOON
i'm praying for jungkook

JUNGKOOK
me too

"Can I sit on your lap?" Jungkook blurts out as he stares at his boyfriend, fear hidden behind those innocent brown eyes. Taehyung shoots him a confused look and Jungkook decides to be more descriptive. "It calms me down."

"Okay, sure."

Jungkook hesitantly climbs onto Taehyung's lap and immediately embraces him in a tight hug, hiding his face in Taehyung's neck. The blonde wraps his arms around Jungkook's waist and brings him closer, resting his chin on Jungkook's shoulder, feeling his heart rate increase as the minutes of silence lengthen.

"Angel?" Taehyung whispers, and Jungkook nods against Taehyung's neck, quietly humming in response. "What were you gonna tell me?"

Jungkook feels that familiar feeling of guilt set in his stomach, his throat becoming raw and his hands growing clammy as Taehyung's hands begin running up and down his back. It's usually a comforting gesture for Jungkook, but he's far from calm at this point.

Swallowing back the nervousness, Jungkook attempts to rearrange the scrambled words in his brain to form a coherent, kind sentence that won't hurt Taehyung. There are so many ways to put what Jungkook's about to say, but he can't find the right one to say.

"Please don't be mad at me."

Taehyung stares down at him in confusion, eyebrows furrowing together. Jungkook's not being very direct with his words, stalling at every opportunity he has, and Taehyung isn't standing for it.

"I won't, angel," Taehyung calmly says, gently pressing a kiss against Jungkook's hair. Jungkook visibly relaxes. "Please, tell me. It's eating me up. You can always trust me."

Jungkook slowly nods and shuts his eyes, deciding to spit it out before he goes insane.

"I-I'm moving to Daegu to audition for BigHit Entertainment and, hopefully, become a soloist."

After Jungkook says it, despite stumbling over his words, he feels a weight lift off of his slender shoulders and he breathes out a trapped breath of nervousness. Taehyung doesn't say anything and allows Jungkook to continue.

"I-I don't want to break-up with you or-or anything... because we can still talk on the phone and text everyday!" Jungkook exclaims, suddenly jumping up from his spot to appear more enthusiastic about the entire situation, despite feeling dread set in his stomach as he takes in Taehyung's facial expression.

Taehyung has paled in the face, hands barely touching Jungkook's soft skin anymore, his beautiful brown eyes fixated on his lap rather than his boyfriend. Jungkook takes this as a bad sign and decides to gently grab Taehyung's hands, reassuringly squeezing them.