28. | moonchild

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND NIGHT TERRORS

The lights dim in the room and the moon shines high in the sky as the couple tuck themselves into bed. Pulling the covers to their necks, Jungkook cuddles into Taehyung's side, throwing a leg over his, squeezing his body close to his own.

"I haven't slept with someone in a while."

Taehyung quietly chuckles.

"We just slept together." Taehyung whispers and Jungkook can feel his smirk radiating. He goes to smack the blonde-haired boy, but decides against it because he's too comfortable in bed right now.

"Shut up," Jungkook playfully scowls. "You know what I mean. Now, go to sleep."

"Alright, angel. Night."

Jungkook presses a soft kiss against his boyfriend's lips and lets his eyes slip shut, forgetting about the terrors of sleeping and just focusing on being with Taehyung.

TWITTER GROUP CHAT
bad habits 🤠

NAMJOON
anyone heard from jungkook
or tae in a while?

JIMIN
fucking go to sleep, you hemerocallis

NAMJOON
what the fuck is that

NAMJOON
and no! i'm not tired

JIMIN
you're never tired and you never sleep

JIMIN
exactly like jungkook

NAMJOON
only because jungkook has bad night
terrors and i used to stay up with him

JIMIN
can't wait until taehyung experiences that

NAMJOON
wait

NAMJOON
weren't tae and koo studying together?

JIMIN
yeah?

NAMJOON
you don't think they're sleeping over, right?

JIMIN
what are you, 13? sleeping over? really?

NAMJOON
i don't know how else to put it 💀

NAMJOON
but i'm being serious

JIMIN
okay, okay

JIMIN
and i'm sure they'll be fine

JIMIN
night terrors aren't a constant thing, right?

NAMJOON
jungkook used to have them three times a
week, so i don't know

NAMJOON
they got pretty bad for a while

NAMJOON
i hope they'll be okay and tae won't freak
out or anything

JIMIN
why would he?

NAMJOON
they're a scary thing, jimin

NAMJOON
jungkook screams, cries, scratches and
becomes violent/angry when he's having
one

NAMJOON
i've experienced it first hand

JIMIN
fuck

JIMIN
maybe we should tell him?

JIMIN
i didn't know they were that bad

NAMJOON
we can't tell him now, you duMby

NAMJOON
they're probably fine

JIMIN
i hope so

Taehyung's eyes slowly begin to flutter open as he feels Jungkook shift beside him, clawing his chest, his leg latching itself around him. Taehyung feels his chest grow tight as he hears Jungkook whine beside him and, for a second, he thinks Jungkook's having a nightmare.

That nightmare is taken away from him as a scream rips through the silent apartment, deafening and ringing through Taehyung's ears. The hands grip his chest tighter and Taehyung tightly wraps his arms around Jungkook, keeping him in place.

"J-Jungkook?"

Taehyung feels Jungkook bury his head in his side, tears soaking his bare chest, scratch marks becoming evident across the toned span of skin. Jungkook's entire body begins to shake and muffled screams are pressed against Taehyung's side, and Taehyung doesn't know what to do.

He tries calling out to Jungkook again, but another piercing scream cuts him off. Taehyung can feel his heart rate rapidly increase as he holds Jungkook in place, letting him cry and scream against his side; letting him release any emotion he's feeling.

Taehyung doesn't know what's happening, but he'll always be there for Jungkook.

Jungkook continues clawing at his chest, slowly punching Taehyung's chest, smacking his fist against the hard muscle. Taehyung allows it, hating the sight of his angel becoming so upset, angry and scared while he's sleeping.

"T-Tae..."

Taehyung snaps out of his trance and stares down at his boyfriend, trying to search for some emotion in his eyes, but they're hidden away in Taehyung's side.

"Angel?"

Jungkook's violent shaking comes to an abrupt stop, and the tears and sniffles die down, silence falling into the room. Taehyung's heavy breaths and Jungkook's soft pants are the only audible noise.

They both fall asleep in each other's arms, pressed flush against each other, falling into a peaceful sleep after the sudden occurrence.

TWITTER GROUP CHAT
bad habits 🤠

TAEHYUNG
what the fuCK

JIMIN
he found out

—