the doctor

"look ashton, i wouldnt be asking you if I didnt actually need you there. I cant go by myself, I'm not supossed to be driving." Luke said into his phone as he got dressed in jeans and a teeshirt for his doctor appointment in a few minutes. it was a check up for his concussion- nothing should be wrong, but the doctor just wanted to check.

"why cant you ask Calum? and dont give me that bullshit you drive everywhere," Ashton snapped and Luke physically flinched.

"Calums at work, and..okay true. but he doesnt need to know that."

Ashton groaned through the speaker, "fine. but you better be ready in 5 minutes," then hangs up.

Luke wasnt a hundred percent certain there was something wrong with him- honestly he felt fine. He just wanted to be completely sure in the end, this was his head he was taking about anyways.

And he wasnt lying- if this wasnt the doctor who told him specifically not to drive for 3 weeks, he would drive himself.

He sighed to himself and sat down on his couch, where they had all cuddled almost four days earlier. He didn't know what they even were anymore, to be fair he was sure no one else did either.

right when he began to try and figure out why his mind was fucking him up, he got a text:

ash🦖: im here

so he picked himself up off the couch and sped walked out to Ashton's car to see the blonde sitting in the driver seat staring out his window. luke stopped on the passenger side and knocked lightly on the glass, startling ashton.

"i didnt see you there," ashton murmured as Luke climbed into his car and began to put his seatbelt on.

"sorry, I'm pretty stealthy." luke chuckled and Ashton rolled his eyes as he began driving away from the blond's home.

they rode in silence for a few minutes, until ashtons phone lit up with a picture of Michael. He quickly raised the phone and answered it- putting it on speaker.

"hey princess, what's up?"

"Daddy, i's hungry!" Michael groans through the phone and Luke turned his head- confused- to Ashton. The curly haired man holds up a finger to him.

"remember i made you a sandwich earlier and put it in the fridge for you? can you get that out and eat it like a big boy?"

theres a few seconds of rummaging, "yes daddy, I go's now."

"good boy, stay on the phone until you get it."

"otay!" Michael giggles and they hear his feet hit the floor then his footsteps quicken.

"no running princess," Ashton says before turning on his blinker.

"how you know dat i was runnin?"

Ashton chuckled, "i can hear it baby. Did you get your lunch yet?"

they both heard the fridge door open and Michael squealed loudly, " i get grapes too daddy?!"

Ashton smiled and nodded even though he knew Michael couldnt see him, "of course- grapes are your favorite. Theres also juice for you in the fridge."

they can hear a plate hit the table lightly then the fridge reopen, "tank 'ou daddy!"

"you're welcome beautiful, you can eat now.  I want you yo take a nap after lunch okay? you better be asleep when i come back " Ashton said sternly before making another turn.

"otay daddy! love 'ou!!" Michael giggled with a mouth full, Luke could tell.

"Love you too Princess," Ashton smiles again and then hangs up.