Ashton/ Luke...yikes

It's another long ass day at work and hes just ready to like...kill a kid. hes usually against murder but, its growing on him. And the reality of last night was still eating at him- he was genuinely worried about Michael but the boy stayed little all night and seemed pretty happy.

Ashtons just worried that it's a front.

He leans on his hand and stares across the pavement at Luke, who's bent and handing a little girl a flower. He sighs lovingly and when the boy looks up at him he smiles, and gets a wink in return. He looks back down at the ice cream under him and clicks his tounge repeatedly out of boredom. After a few minutes of this someone knocks on the metal cart and he jumps up.

"Hey! Sorry what can I get for you?" he asks hurriedly and the boy on the other side of the cart smirks, which irritates Ashton but what can he do.

"hey, I actually dont know yet. what do you reccomend?" he asks and his deep voice gives Ashton goosebumps, which...isn't good... necessarily.

"everything's pretty good, it just depends on what you like." Ashton smiles and looks over the boys shoulder to Luke- who's staring dead at him instead of paying attention to the family in front of him. He smirks and looks back to the boy, "so what do you like?"

He leans on my cart and Ashton take a slight step back, "i like cute boys with curly hair," he smirks making the other boy uncomfortable.

"oh..heh. I meant ice cream..we have orange and lime sherbert then we have princess pops and we have dragon ones too. we also have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream. it's really good I-"

"you're cute when you ramble, baby." the boy says biting his lip, making Ashton cringe. ugh.

"dont call me that. My boyfriends wouldnt appreciate that," Ashton said confidentially, making the boys eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

"boyfriends? i didnt know people actually did that. so like how does it wo-"

"Hey babe. what's going on over here?" Luke says walking up to Ashtons cart, letting the boy relax a little.

"Nothing, this guy was just ordering." He said glaring at the stranger.

Said stranger stands up straight and take a look at Luke before looking back at Ashton, "I'm actually lactose intolerant so...its probably not too smart for me to have ice cream, he says before turning and walking away, sending Ashton a wink beforehand.

"ugh i hate tourists," Luke groans before leaning on Ashton's cart," can i get a scoop of chocolate in a cup? Rainbow sprinkles?"

Ashton smiles and opens his cart and grabs a cup to begin scooping, "ha...gay."

Luke chuckles and stretches, "todays been such a long day oh my god. what're you doing tonight?"

the curly haired boy shrugs and hands Luke his cup, "nothing...i wanted to check on Mikey. I'm worried about him."

Luke raises his spoon to his lips and raises an eyebrow along with it, "why? what's wrong, babe?"

"I dunno, his self confidence isnt doing the best right now. I think Calum let's him think he's fat to be honest.." Ashton says warily, knowing that the blond in front of him is particularly close to their boyfriend.

"what? why do you think that?"

Ashton continues to tell him what Michael had told him the night before, about how he wanted to be a flyer and Cal let him think he couldn't. And how the texts from the other made him feel.

Luke stays quiet until after his boyfriend finishes, "okay..but how do we know we can trust Michael when hes little? like..children lie all the time, Ash." He said without batting an eye, he was just stating facts as he knew them.

Ashton however was pissed, "how can you even say that? hes four! he knows the difference between right and wrong Luke. He told me, honestly, what happened. and I believe him, whatever you do is your problem. Side with Calum- I dont care. But dont ever fucking call Michael a liar," he said through clenched teeth.

The blond rolled his eyes, "you're always fucking with Michael. We're in a poly relationship Ashton! you cant just care about one person!"

"I don't only care for one person! I care about you, Calum and Michael equally! He needs more attention than what you or Cal give him though, so I pick up where you guys are lacking. I'm balancing out this fucking relationship Luke!" Ashton shouts, tears welling in his eyes. He never could help but cry when he got mad, it pissed him off because it mad him feel like less of a man but fuck thag right now.

"then why dont you try with us then Ash? whys it all about Michael?! How come it's never just you and me, or you and Cal?" Luke asks, his voice raising slightly.

"because you two are so far up each others asses you dont have room for anyone else! you don't see anyone else but Calum, Luke! you didnt even check up on Michael yesterday! You didnt even ask how he was!" Ashton shouted louder than the last time, which made Luke's mouth shut tightly.

Deep down Luke knew Ashton was right, he didnt know what it was about Calum- but he just felt perfectly in tune with the boy. Like they were meant for each other or something, he never could figure it out. But in his eyes, Michael and Ashton were the same way. Ashton saw something more in Michael than Luke ever would, and that's a fact that he would take to his grave.

"I...I dont-" he stutters and Ashton sighs heavily.

"just dont Luke. My shift is over, I'll talk to you later." He said pulling the huge rainbow umbrella down and closing it, before pushing his cart down the cobblestone road of Disney- leaving his prince behind him.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
ooh we got some t e a guys! what's gonna happen? what do you w a n t to happen?

these questions are pretty vital to how the next chapter turns out lmao, anyways! I hope you're having a nice day guys! duces! love ya!

💖💖- kam