calum

"pleeassseee! I swear I wont ask for anything else today, pleASE cally?!" Michael, my best friend, begs from a few feet ahead of me. He's clutching a floral set of mouse ears. It's a fact that this isnt the only thing I'll be buying today but, why not let him pretend like it is.

"Look! I'll try them on for you!" He slips the ears on his fluffy lavender hair and gave me a curtsy with his black skirt, a huge grin stuck on his face.

Who am I to say no to that smile?

"Okay, princess. Let's go check out, yeah?" I say and he squeals, pulling my arm towards the check out counter.

"Hey guys, is this it?" The lady behind the counter asks and Mikey nods quickly.

"Alright that'll be $15. Where are you guys off to next?" The lady asks looking at me, but before I can open my mouth. Mikey beats me to it.

"Prince Phillip! He's my favorite prince!" His smile is so big it makes my heart swell, god he's so..perfect.

I finally pull out the right amount of money and hand it to the lady, "we have a new guy playing Phillip this year! Hopefully you'll enjoy him," she smiles and he nods quickly again.

"Me too! I'm sure I will, I really just love Sleeping Beauty. Can you imagine being able to sleep that long? Thatd be so amazing," he laughs along with the lady.

"Well I hope you guys have fun today!"

"You too!" He smiles at the lady one last time before placing the ears back onto his head and turning to me, "ready, Cal?"

I smile back at him, "yeah. Let's go meet your prince," I wink at him and he giggles while grabbing my hand, we head put of the store and walk almost all the way across the park, passing rides and souvenir stands. Lucky for my wallet, he didnt ask for another thing until we finally got in line to meet Prince Phillip.

"Cally, could you take a picture? Are you gonna be jealous?" he says playing with the hem of this shirt.

I chuckle, "yeah I'll take a picture of you guys, no I wont be jealous, promise."

We slowly start moving up and Michael rambles on and on about Sleeping Beauty, truthfully I ended up zoning out.

My eyes wander to all the sights around us, the cool flower decoration and the bright colors- before something (more like someone) grabs my attention.

Across the walkway theres an ice cream stand with a cute server, hes leaning on one arm staring at the front of the line. He probably knows someone up there, I cant think of another reason why he'd be staring so much.

"Cally!! The line is moving come on!" Michael squeals- snapping me out of my thoughts- and pulling me up the line.

"Oh my goodness he's so cute wow, can you even see him Cally?"

I shift my head up and glance at the boy that's playing Phillip, "he's alright. Not as cute as you though," I say before leaning down and pressing a kiss to the top of his head- platonically. I mean..like..I like him. But he'd never go for a guy like me. Michael likes clean cuts and polos and I'm...well. Not that. It does help that hes really affectionate so it makes me feel like we're dating but...then I remember we're not. And that sucks haha. Laugh the pain away guys.

"God get a room," I hear some guy say behind me.

I turn to face him, "excuse me? What'd you say?"

His face turns pink, "u-uhm. Nothing," his wife- I assume- slaps his arm. "That's why you should think before you speak Paul."

I smirk, "yeah Paul. Listen to her, at least she has a brain."