Chapter fourty five~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

(y/n)'s POV

I was cuddling with Heather and my cats in the evening after a long day of finally going back to class when I heard a knock at my door. I groaned, exhausted, and I heard Heather mumble something under her breath.

I got up, stretching. I was wearing a seriously oversized hoodie from my college and plain black leggings, with my hair in a messy ponytail/bun thing. I couldn't even tell what it was, but Heather said I looked the cutest she'd ever seen me. Girls looking tired in casual wear were adorable, it was universally agreed upon.

I padded to the door with Heather right on my heels, and when I opened the door I saw Veronica with JD wrapping his arm around her.

"Can I help you guys?" I asked groggily, feeling Heather wearily pull me closer by the hip. When I glanced over I saw her glaring up at JD, who towered over us both.

"I heard you and Heather were fated ones, congratulations." Veronica said with a fake looking smile. I smiled back, missing the friendly demeanor, which was replaced by cold awkwardness.

"Thank you. Did you have to come at 10:30 at night to say that, or do you want something else?" Heather said gruffly.

"We figured we'd join your Supernatural Council, and wanted to formally let you know. But why exactly is it a thing?" JD interjected.

"Vampires and werewolves should keep in touch, since our cultures are closely intertwined, Jason. Plus, most of us are old friends and want to catch up. And some humans are allowed, considering both of our fated ones are human, as well as Heather McNamara just because she knows about us anyway, so she's safest with us supervising her. You know how dangerous it can get for us and people who know us." Heather stated calmly, tracing shapes on my hip with her finger, probably to keep herself calm.

"Wait, why would it be dangerous?" Veronica asked, looking confused.

"You are a former vampire hunter, you should know. Most humans don't know we exist, and when they find out they want to kill us or capture us for museums or experiments. That's not the life any of us want to live." Heather nearly snapped, but instead stated in a dangerously calm tone.

"On that note, my lover and I will be leaving. We'll see you Wednesday at your mansion," JD said, and he shook both of our hands formally before turning to leave. Veronica followed, running to grab his hand.

I closed the door, snuggling further into my cozy hoodie.

"Let's get ready for bed, baby. And when your lease is up, you should consider moving in with me." Heather said gently. I smiled, leaning in to press a soft kiss to your nose.

"I'd love that. But yeah, let's go since I'm sleepy." I said, punctuating it with a yawn. We turned off all the lights and did the night chores before heather dragged me into my bed and started spooning me.

This was a life I could get used to. And I would, obviously.

(524 words)