Chapter twenty~

Chapter by: me

Heather Chandler's PoV

Veronica. Veronica sawyer. Veronicaaaaaaa. Sawyerrrrrrrr... It sounds so familiar to me. It's like I've heard it a dozen times. Hell maybe I've even said it before now. It's just that, I don't know where it's from. Maybe It's just one of those names. Is that even the phrase? Ugh I don't know. Maybe it's similar on I've heard-

**flashback**

"Im so sorry Veronica," I say sobbing. I didn't want this to happen. I loved her. I thought we were going to be together forever.

"Save it Heather." She replies, pulling her clothes out of draws.

"It's not like it's my fault!"

"Are you SERIOUSLY putting the blame on me right now!?" She harshly turns around, throwing what she had in her hands into the floor.

"NO? I'm saying it's not my fault! I don't decide who's my fated one and who isn't! You-"

"JUST SHUT UP!"

"Veronica-"

"I SAID... I said shut up." She picked up the clothes she had dropped and pushed them into a suitcase. She struggled to close it, due to how aggressive she was moving. Then she pushed it off from the bed, onto the floor. Grabbing the handle she stormed out. I followed her down the stair case as she unlocked the door.

"I will never forget this." She stops at the door frame and turns to me in a scowl. Then she slams the door shut. I stare at the door in shock and pure sadness. I felt my eyes burn and a lump in my throat forming. Suddenly, my knees go weak and I collapse onto the floor, still staring at the door. She's gone. She's gone and she'll never forgive me. It's all my fault. What have I done?

**end of flashback**

Somehow-much like the flashback- I had made it to the floor. Now the name was clear. Veronica sawyer. The girl who broke me. I never knew pain quite like that, until I met her. I met her at a library, she was reading Moby Dick, and I was reading The Bell Jar. We were sat on the same table. I stole glances at her every so often. Her hair was thick and brown, it fell over her face a bit. I saw each freckle under the sunlight from the window. I loved how her facial expression changed when she was reading. Then just like that... Our eyes locked. She smiled at me, which I of course returned but let me just tell you. That smile was the greatest smile I would see for a long time. I felt her foot touch my leg ever so softly under the table as she loved her position on the chair. I thought it was love at first sight, and maybe it was, but I don't believe love is that simple. You can't just look at a person's features and know that they are 100% perfect for you. Because that's not how it works. They could be really attractive in your eyes, but their personality is shit. I believe that you fall in love with their soul- little qualities that you find attractive... Like the way they laugh, the way they're kind of clumsy, the way they forget that part about you, the way they are so goddamn clueless, how they really love Halloween... oh shit... did I mention... the uh...the way they laugh?