Chapter nine~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

(y/n)'s POV

I woke up in a luxurious feeling bed, and was definitely very confused but comfortable. I got up, looking around. It was strange to see how dark it was when it was clearly morning, which I reaffirmed by checking my phone.

I was in that vampire girl's house.

"I know you're awake! Come get breakfast so you can be on your way!" A yell broke my thoughts, and I remembered how she could read minds.

"Coming!" I called back, even though she had to have already known.

When I got up I was reminded of Duke by a small green little heart decoration. It looked out of place, and drew my eye like a magnet.

I slowly walked down the stairs, lost in thought about the breakup. Small tears welled up in my eyes at the memory. I dumped my girlfriend of 6 years. Sure, she was yelling at me, but I yelled back. That made me even worse, right? And plus, I loved her.

"Hello, human? Pancakes are ready. No blood in them, you'd better be grateful." I was torn from my thoughts when the vampire lady sat me down at the table.

"I have a name you know," I told her, rolling my eyes.

"And how do you expect me to know what it is?" She retorted.

"You're a mind reader. But it's (y/n), so call me that." I informed her, before taking a bite of the breakfast. I ignored that I probably shouldn't have eaten anything shoved in front of me by a stranger, too hungry and tired and disoriented to care.

"Your mind is going a million miles a minute, human. Slow it down, I can't even understand what you're thinking." The girl scoffed.

"I don't care if you can hear my thoughts or not. I've had some things going on, I'd like to think it over," I told her coldly. If she was going to be harsh, then I would too.

"What things?" She asked. She must've been annoyed at not being able to read me like a book, but I wanted to talk to someone, so I decided to tell her.

"I just broke up with my girlfriend, okay? It's why I was out so late yesterday, I was taking a walk to clear my head. Like, sure she always yells at me, and calls me worthless, and says what a can and can't do, but I love her and she loves me. And I totally blew it! I kicked her out even though I know full well that her pride wouldn't let her show up on a friend's doorstep with her bags and ask to live with them. I'm so stupid!" I ranted, looking down at the table instead of the mystery woman. She seemed intrigued, though.

"She yells at you, calls you worthless, and borderline controls you, but she loves you? That doesn't make sense." She said after a moment. I looked at her in confusion.

"That's how couples act, and we've been together for 6 years. That's just the way it's always been. She loves me, she said she was sorry and sometimes she brought me flowers after fights. It's fine, she loves me." I told her. That was how my parents acted, so it had to be what couples did.

"That's not a healthy relationship, (y/n). That's... abuse..." she spoke carefully, like I was going to break if she spoke too fast.

Heather Chandler's POV

"No, it's not abuse. That's how it is. Couples just act like that. She loves me. We were together since we were 17, that's how it's always been." She said, looking awfully pale. I could hear her thoughts, racing to try to catch up with what I told her.

I know I found her incredibly annoying last night, and I definitely figured she was stupid, maybe she wasn't terrible after all. She clearly was trapped in a toxic relationship, and that's why she was the way she was.

"I'm going home. I have a lot of homework to do," she suddenly got up, pushing her chair in lightly. I nodded, watching her closely.

"Get home safe, mortal. I'm Heather, by the way. Heather Chandler. If that idiot JD from last night ever tries anything again, call out my name." I told her. There was no harm in her knowing my name, I figured as she nodded and left.

(739 words)