Chapter ten~

I walk along the path noticing it's not as scary. Actually, quite the opposite. I notice the little things as I take slow strides across the mud: I see daffodils and daises on my left surrounded by trees. And to my right I see part of the village through the high growing shrubbery. It like the sun had come out and dried away the rain.

Once I return home I'm greeted with a surge of that well known sadness. I know that she didn't treat me how a normal girlfriend would but she was still mine. I miss her. I miss how she smelt, her smile, her... well that's about it but I still loved her. I still love her. What is wrong with me?

I walk up the old steps to my room thinking of the good times when we were together: the laughing, the kissing, the- my thought process is thrown off track when I see that all my clothes were slung haphazardly all over the room. Papers chucked on my bed and littered around the floor. Everything that was on my desk was now somewhere on the floor. In a hurry I search all of the papers making sure my notes were still in tact... however even worse, to my dismay- they weren't even there. They had been stolen by a certain green devil. Heather. She's taunting me. Making me talk to her. See her. I don't think I can. I can't do this. I can't do this anymore.

I text McNamara in hopes that Heather hasn't got to her yet but that was futile since she left me on read. I have no one. And right now I need someone. I need someone to tell me it's going to be okay. And that I'm going to pull through. Or else I'm going to have a panic- fuck.

I break into a sweat as my breathing becomes erratic and heavy. My eyes become blurry with tears and my knees grow weak. I use my bed as support as I slide to the floor. Heather was the only one who could help me with these... now Heathers gone. I have no one. No anchor. Nothing. Nothing to live for. I try and steady my breathing but I end up making it worse. 'No one will ever love me again. Let's face it who would want you? You're useless.
You're pathetic.
You're worthless.
You're nothing.
You deserved it.'

"HEATHER!! HEATHER! HEaatherrr...-" I sob preventing my from breathing momentarily. I try to get up to call someone but I trip over my own foot and end up crashing into the wall with a thud. I slid my back down the wall crying almost endlessly. Suddenly, a noise sounds from outside and I hear my front door fly open. Someone runs upstairs but it's too dark to see who it is. At this point I don't care. I don't care if this is how I died. And I thought it was, but caring hands lift me from the floor and back to the bed. Unusually cold hands. They place me down considerately and I see who it is. Heather Chandler.

She places her cool hands at the sides of my face and helps me calm down- unfortunately sending me into a well needed sleep.

I'd deal with Heather Duke tomorrow.