Chapter thirty~

Chapter by: me

(Y/N)'s PoV

After our little... hmmm. I'm not really sure what to call what had happened but I'm glad it did none the less. We decide to walk to Heather's house because the October air had warmed to just the right temperature. I put on my thick boots and wrapped a scarf tightly around my neck in a faint attempt to shield myself from any harsh weather that nature decides to throw at me. We walk out the door and immediately Heather is intertwining our fingers, her hands nestle perfectly in mind as we stroll along the sidewalk. Our strides flawlessly in line.

Heather attempts to open the door, momentarily detaching our hands. I instantly feel odd. It's like someone just ripped my other half away from me... even though she's standing right beside me, fumbling with the keys to find the right one. You'd think she'd know it after living in this house for however many years.

"Oh come on. It's not my fault I've got like a gazillion different keys on this damned keychain." She almost drops the keys as she turns to say this. I giggle at her comment and bend the door handle down to see if the door was unlocked. To my surprise, it actually was. I turn and smile at Heather who wears a pout upon her beautiful features. "... Shut up..."

"I didn't say anything" I beam as she grabs my hand and walks into the living room. Jess has occupied the length of the couch, surprisingly for her short frame, and was looking up at us with an amused look.

"Oh hey guys." Jess greats not bothering to move from her position.

"Jess, what are you still doing here?" Heather asks, taking off her coat and setting down her hat (which is totally adorable by the way).

"I'm staying with you for the month."

"The month?"

"Did I stutter? Any who, the walls are thin so keep any business quiet. I don't fancy hearing-"

"That's enough, Jessica."

"Wow. What's got you all hot and bothered?" She gets up from the couch and walks over to me. I subconsciously wrap my arms around Heathers waist. "Well apart from her."

"Jessica." Jessica snaps her head toward Heather. "How about you go check out up stairs before I make you check out my foot up your-"

"Alright! Jeez, I'll go." Jessica waltzes last upstairs before a knock at the door echoes through out the house. Seeing as Jessica and Heather are making steady, anger-fuelled eye contact. I decided to answer it. I walk over to the door and pull open the latch to see the very last person I'd want to.

Heather Duke.