Chapter thirty seven~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

(y/n)'s POV

Heather and I were cuddling on the couch, every so often starting a conversation, when Jessica barged in. I immediately got up, shrugging a denim jacket on when I realized the only clothing besides my underwear I was wearing was a long t-shirt of Heather's, trying to feel more covered.

"I got her flowers!" She squealed, pulling Heather up from the couch and into a hug.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in two days!" Heather demanded. Jessica didn't dim, instead pulling me into a hug.

"Jess, where were you?" I asked, more gentle this time.

'Well, I was out planning how I'd talk to her and stuff, so I only really came back a couple hours a day to sleep." She explained, still buzzing. "Wait, why are you-?"

"No important reason." Heather said cheekily, turning to me and winking. I blushed, grinning. That's my soulmate.

"Wait, oh my god, did you guys-?"

"She's really good." I cut her off awkwardly, looking down due to the embarrassment. I heard Jessica choke, and then the clap of a high five. Why was I not even surprised.

"Now, continue. You and Duke?" I asked.

"Well, I was out buying her flowers, since you said to dazzle her, when she almost got hit by a car and I saved her by pushing her out of the way. And then I gave her the flowers." She said, absolutely glowing from head to toe. It made me really happy. I had found my soulmate, and it was nice a sweet (albeit, filter-less) girl do the same.

I felt an arm snake around my waist at the same time as I heard my lover's voice. "Are we about to gloss over the fact that Heather nearly got hit by a car?"

"Oh, let her be. She got saved, and do we need to remember all the shit that happened to me and you had to come running to save me?" I teased her. I realized with a start that we seemed like an old married couple, and I kind of lived for it.

"It wasn't life threatening!" She exclaimed.

"JD." I stated simply.

"Oh please, that was ages ago, how was I meant to remember that?" She snorted playfully.

"That was last week, babe, you really ought to pay more attention." I teased, pressing a soft kiss to her cheek.

"Yeah yeah yadda yadda you guys are cute, can we get back to me now? How do I actually ask her out?" Jessica interrupted our bickering. Oh, I'd almost forgotten she was here.

"Oh, idea! You can read her mind, right?" I asked. Jessica nodded, so I went on. "Well, what about next time she decides to get coffee, go to Resigner's Cafe on Baker Street. She goes there every day, and it was almost always just with me. She'll probably be alone, so you can just ask if a seat at her table is taken and then bam, date."
The two sisters looked at me, silent.

"Oh my god, that's genius! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Jessica brought me into a hug before running off again to who-knows-where.

(510 words)