IT'S OKAY

||Jimin's POV||

The world looks almost fake sometimes. Like the mountains and sky in the distance is a backdrop for a set. A green screen. I hate the places my mind can take me. The places that scream everything is plastic and nothing is real.

I try to look for him every corner of the house, I even run to the nearby market. His phone was switched off his actions were not him. I was worried. I woke other people up with tears in my eyes and trembling voice.

'Tae is nowhere to be found. I've been calling him since morning but it's switched off, ' I said almost falling down on my knees to Yoongi.

He paused for a couple of seconds but regain his conscious and console me for the good.

'He is not a small kid Jimin. He will come back. Don't worry and stop crying, come here to me.' Yoongi says concealing his concern towards Tae to calm me.

Yoongi hugged me and other people gather in no time in search of Tae. His phone was still off and beautiful Christmas day bent into a terrible morn. I was constantly ringing his phone but it was still switched off.

There was nothing more we can do but to inform authorities in Seoul. They wanted to wait for another hour for Tae's return but my impatience didn't allow them to calm down. Hobi hyung and other tries their best to be positive in the awful environment until a doorbell rings.

I didn't wait for a second and flash towards the gate in the hope of finding Tae. My tears roll down and stained my cheeks rapidly. I take a deep breath before unlocking the door. I close my eyes wishing for the best.

He was there, standing still in cold breeze, his locks were a little wet and pants stained in the sand. I knew he is coming back from the beach but why that's all I could think of. I remember him telling me how the beach soothes him every time he is at his verge of breaking down, what made him so sad on such a vibrant day. He still has his famous boxy smile. I wanted to ask him all at once, then and there but instead I scream at him.

'Where the fuck was you?'

'No cursing.' I heard my mom shouting from the distance. I give her an apologetic look.

'I'm sorry Jiminie. I went for a walk on the beach but everyone was sleeping so I walked alone', he says with the same boxy smile plastered on his face but his eyes didn't smile this time. I know him, he is my soulmate.

, and your phone?' I continue.

'Oh! That, I forgot to charge it last night so I left it beside my bed table only.'

I rolled my eyes on his perfectly crammed answers but I didn't bother him much in front of everyone. His body looks tired and sad or maybe I was just overestimating everything today.

Things settle down well and everyone gets busy doing Christmas decor with my parents. My brother, Jihyun, was also coming home by evening and I was excited to see him finally after years.

Time was passing so fast and everyone looks so happy, my smile touched my ears till I looked at Tae again, all tired and pulling up his fake smile like he always does to disguise his pain but I can see through him.

I see him going to his room. I decide to follow him. He sits down on the bed, the face was hidden in his palms. I step inside and reached for him and comfort his back.

'Tae, you know, you can talk to me.' I speak and he simply gazes straight into my sight.

'I know Jiminie, I know I can't lie to you', he smiles to reassure me that everything is okay.