Chapter||16

The more I work,
the more I feel like somehow they're neglected,
I want Liyah to go to college, just to say we did it.

My child with Odell would have been 3 any minute,
So in some ways I feel like Liyah is the both of them,
It's like she's Liyah's little angel looking over her.

My child with Odell would have been 3 any minute,So in some ways I feel like Liyah is the both of them,It's like she's Liyah's little angel looking over her

Saturday 11th August

All Odell did was hold a scowl on his face as he waited for her to finish. He held a scowl because if she was pregnant back in college, why has he never seen Robyn with a baby.

The worst came to mind and he thought Robyn had an abortion.

"It's not what you think," she clarified that for Odell who now had his arms crossed over his chest. Odell didn't say anything, so Robyn took that as her queue to continue.

"I got pregnant and I was so excited because we had been talking about this, I planned how I wanted to tell you, but before I even could you broke up with me," she explained as she started to tear up again. She tried to formulate her words but it seemed as if nothing was exiting out her mouth.

It took her a few seconds for her to try and explain her self to an Odell who still stood there with his arms crossed not convinced

"After the breakup, I was so distraught, I couldn't do anything properly, I was under so much stress I ended up delivering her-" Odell's ears perked up at the mention of the gender of the baby.

"It was a girl," he asked in admiration, she nodded her head at him then continued to tell the story.

"I gave birth 2 months early so she wasn't fully developed yet, she was doing so good I promise you she was," she was now weeping so Odell stepped towards her and draped his arms around her in a comforting manner.

"The nurse said she could take her off the machine because she was breathing on her own, I was so excited to hold her I didn't ask as many questions as I should have, I held her for what felt like a second, I thought she was sleeping peacefully in my arms but it was time for her to eat so I tried to wake her up, she wasn't waking up and then I checked her pulse, there was none, she wasn't sleeping Odell she was dead, th-the nurse di-didn't tell me it was only s-supposed to be for a few minutes," she violently bawled in his arms. Odell to had turns coming out of his eyes for many different reasons.